July 7, Prov 15

I missed a few days again, I think that might happen somewhat often for the next while. Yesterday I had another episode. I was so weak and dizzy I couldn't move a muscle, couldn't speak, could open my eyes. It was scary. We decided that the next time that happens, an ambulance should be called.

Liam's mom is in the hospital right now, idk what's wrong with her, hopefully it's not serious. Liam isn't feeling well either, hopefully he gets well soon too. He probably just has a bad flu or something, but I can't help but be a little worried.

I just text Will asking if he wants to start devotions, but he hasn't replied yet, so I'll start without him.

1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
That's partly why I almost never raise my voice when I'm upset, I don't want an angry argument.

2 The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
The Lord sees everything!

4 A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.
Be gentle and kind.

5 A fool despises his father's instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent.

6 In the house of the righteous there is much treasure, but trouble befalls the income of the wicked.

7 The lips of the wise spread knowledge; not so the hearts of fools.

8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but the prayer of the upright is acceptable to him.

9 The way of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but he loves him who pursues righteousness.

10 There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way; whoever hates reproof will die.

11 Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the LORD; how much more the hearts of the children of man!

12 A scoffer does not like to be reproved; he will not go to the wise.

13 A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.
I try to be optimistic but it's hard sometimes. It's so easy to get depressed.

14 The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouths of fools feed on folly.

15 All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast.

16 Better is a little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble with it.

17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.
So very true. I can't eat when the people at the table around me don't get along, I always lose my appetite even if it is really good food. But when those eating with me love and care about each other, the meal is so much better even if I don't like the food.

18 A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.

19 The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

20 A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish man despises his mother.

21 Folly is a joy to him who lacks sense, but a man of understanding walks straight ahead.

22 Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed.

23 To make an apt answer is a joy to a man, and a word in season, how good it is!

24 The path of life leads upward for the prudent, that he may turn away from Sheol beneath.

25 The LORD tears down the house of the proud but maintains the widow's boundaries.

26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD, but gracious words are pure.

27 Whoever is greedy for unjust gain troubles his own household, but he who hates bribes will live.

28 The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things.
It's definitely good to ponder how to answer, but if you ponder too long the conversation might move to a completely different topic😂

29 The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
I like that verse.

30 The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, and good news refreshes the bones.

31 The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise.

32 Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.

33 The fear of the LORD is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor. - Proverbs 15

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you also for trials. It's difficult having so many problems in my life, but I know that You have a reason for everything and You always give me enough grace to get through the trials You give me and that the end result will glorify You. Father thank you so much for Will, thank you for the time we spent together today and yesterday and please grant us much more time together. Father thank you also for Liam, please be near him and his mom right now as they are both unwell and please heal them if it is Your will. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please bless and keep them, please shower them with Your love and mercy, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen