July 9, Prov 17

What is with everyone and being ill lately?! Liam is still pretty sick, apparently he needs to get some bloodworm done, I hope everything is ok. His mom is ok for now, he didn't tell me more. My dad is feeling under the weather, the flu is going around, so he might have that. And I'm unwell too, I think I have either a stomach flu or a minor case of food poisoning. I've been dizzy whenever I stand up, my stomach hurts and I've barely eaten anything the last two days. Or maybe I'm a bit depressed, I have to quit my job and postpone college because my health is just getting worse. I was really looking forward to college and I like my job, now I'v got more problems than Liam's pickup truck and spend most of my time in my room like a hermit. I'm glad I have Will and Liam, if I didn't have them to hang out with and talk to, I'd probably go stir crazy.

1 Better is a dry morsel with quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.
So true, strife is very unappetizing.

2 A servant who deals wisely will rule over a son who acts shamefully and will share the inheritance as one of the brothers.

3 The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests hearts.
The Lord will test your heart with trials to make you more pure and perfect just like gold and silver are put in the furnace to make them pure and stronger.
This is definitely among my favorite verses.

4 An evildoer listens to wicked lips, and a liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue.
Usually birds of the same feather flock together. However, these birds are wicked birds who lead each other to destruction. The bird thing is just an idiom btw.

5 Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.
Don't mock someone made in God's image even if he is poor or a different colour or has different beliefs.
Once again, be humble. Wish good upon others instead of wishing grief.

6 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
Grandchildren are the crown of the old because they will continue their family's legacy. That's what I got from it.

7 Fine speech is not becoming to a fool; still less is false speech to a prince.

8 A bribe is like a magic stone in the eyes of the one who gives it; wherever he turns he prospers.

9 Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.

10 A rebuke goes deeper into a man of understanding than a hundred blows into a fool.
A wise man will take the rebuke into the account, while the ignorant could care less.

11 An evil man seeks only rebellion, and a cruel messenger will be sent against him.
Another example of how being rebellious isn't a good idea.

12 Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly.

13 If anyone returns evil for good, evil will not depart from his house.
Don't even return evil for evil! Always return good for evil.

14 The beginning of strife is like letting out water, so quit before the quarrel breaks out.
The calm before the storm.

15 He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD.

16 Why should a fool have money in his hand to buy wisdom when he has no sense?

17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
15-17, I like these.

18 One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor.

19 Whoever loves transgression loves strife; he who makes his door high seeks destruction.

20 A man of crooked heart does not discover good, and one with a dishonest tongue falls into calamity.

21 He who sires a fool gets himself sorrow, and the father of a fool has no joy.
Think I found myself a fav of this chapter.

22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
True, even though I'm practically always unwell, it's not as bad when I'm happy and joyful.
Being happy and positive is good for people....Who knew...I think I might need some of that medicine.
That's why you have me around Will!

23 The wicked accepts a bribe in secret to pervert the ways of justice.
Similar to today, people in high places will accept bribes, which discredits the entire system people rely on.

24 The discerning sets his face toward wisdom, but the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.

25 A foolish son is a grief to his father and bitterness to her who bore him.
Super roasts!

26 To impose a fine on a righteous man is not good, nor to strike the noble for their uprightness.

27 Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.

28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.  - Proverbs 17
If in doubt about saying something, just keep your mouth shut.
Can't lie, that's true. You can only tell someone is foolish if they open their mouths.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there Will, if someone is foolish enough, you can tell without them even opening their mouths😂.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings. Thank you especially for Will, thank you that he is such a blessing to me. Thank you that we can study Your word together, please grant us many more years together if it is Your will. Father please grant healing to Liam that he may be well soon. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, please shine Your love through them, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you so much for the life you've given me. I can't say how many times how grateful I am to be living in a decent country with great family and friends. Lord, I ask for you to be with Liam snd his mother, and they go through their problems. I also ask that you be with my friend Frankie and his mother, who are still going through rough times. Thank you for Jessica, both a lovely devotional partner, and girlfriend. Please guide us on our lives and be with us when problems arise. As I always say, you're the captain of my life and whatever is your will is your way, always. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.