June 17, Prov 6:1-19

I started this yesterday, but then Will and I started talking and talking and by time we realized time had passed, it was way to late to finish. It was a really good talk though, I needed to get some things off my chest, and he was a really good listening ear. These next two paragraphs I wrote yesterday.

Yesterday(aka Sunday) I went to coffee house and didn't get home till late, so that's why we didn't do this. There is yet another new couple in my youth group! That makes four couples! Love is in the air! 😂 the last couple before the first of these four has been married for at least a year or two now, that's how few couples there has been lately, and now there is four new couples in about two months!

Today I got in a bit of an argument with my parents. They think I should wait a year before I go to college to save up some money and so there's not as much pressure to get my grade 12 done, but I want to go this year. So I'm in a bit of a bad mood from that. Hopefully studying God's Word and talking to Will will help.

1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, have given your pledge for a stranger,

2 if you are snared in the words of your mouth, caught in the words of your mouth,
Careful what you say, you can easily become trapped by your own words.

3 then do this, my son, and save yourself, for you have come into the hand of your neighbor: go, hasten, and plead urgently with your neighbor.

4 Give your eyes no sleep and your eyelids no slumber;
Reminds me of that verse that says not to let the sun go down on your wrath.
I think I follow this very well. And Im pretty tired because of it.
I think you do sleep a little bit Will 😂

5 save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the hand of the fowler.
2-5
It's easy for your web of lies to be caught and broken, especially if you lie to many people. Like Jess said, careful what you say.

6 Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
This is a good roast, go to the ant, O sluggard! The ant is wiser than you, you could learn from her!

7 Without having any chief, officer, or ruler,

8 she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.
Some lowly insects are wiser than some people.

9 How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep?

10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
It's so easy to say just a little bit more, just a little bit more rest I don't really need.

11 and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
It's definitely important to rest, but if you sleep too much, you will want.

12 A worthless person, a wicked man, goes about with crooked speech,
It's usually the bad ones who do nothing but crooked speech. Gossip, lying, etc. They're worthless because they have no honour, no sense of respect. People who don't practice these are usually people you trust and respect more, what do you think, Jess?
I agree, Will.

13 winks with his eyes, signals with his feet, points with his finger,
Every time I read this verse, I get an image in my head of someone doing finger guns😂

14 with perverted heart devises evil, continually sowing discord;
A perverted heart sows discontent. It reminds me of another verse that warns us not to follow our hearts, because our hearts are of flesh and desire...I'm paraphrasing of course.

15 therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly; in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.
Calamity can come very suddenly, in a moment your life can be completely changed in ways you never would have expected.

16 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:

17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

19 a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. - Proverbs 6:1-19
16-19
Recommend not doing these, since the Lord REALLY hates them. I'm sure we all have done at least one of them(I hope).

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings. Thank you especially for Will, please continue to guide us on this journey called life. Thank you for the wisdom in Your Word, please bless it to our hearts that we may glorify You. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
I come to you today in thanks for another good day you've given me. As I pray today, i hope you continue to guide me and Jessica on our devotions and to keep it consistent. Lord I ask that you bless my family and friends who've loved and blessed me throughout my life. Lord I am your vessel and you can use me for whatever your purpose is. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.