Nov 11, Ecc 12

Hey guys! I'm still alive! Is it weird that when anyone asks me how I'm doing, I usually say either "I'm alive" or that "I'm here"? Sometimes I feel like that's all I am, I'm alive, but not living, and I'm physically in that location but not mentally there. It's been tough. Yesterday wasn't very fun, I went with Will to his church in the morning, and his church serves tea and coffee before the service. Will convinced me to have a cup of tea even though I don't like tea cause everyone says warm drinks are very healthy especially when you have health problems like me. Unfortunately it didn't have its intended affect. I got really dizzy while drinking it, so dizzy that I was having trouble breathing and couldn't keep my eyes open or speak very well. We didn't go into the sanctuary for the service, Will made me lay down on a bench in the lobby. I didn't want to lay down, I wanted to just lean against Will, but he could see that I really needed to lay down when I couldn't see that, I was too dizzy to think properly, and I'm glad he made me lay down. I'm also really glad he stayed with me the whole time, he held my hand and it really helped me feel less scared. It was scary. When that happens it's like I'm trapped in my body, I can't speak or open my eyes, can barely move, but I can hear, feel and think, although the thinking is really difficult sometimes. In hindsight I really should have called an ambulance or told Will to take me to the hospital, but because I was having such a hard time thinking, I didn't realize how bad it was till after the fact. And since I couldn't really talk, I couldn't tell Will. I'm scared, but I'm so glad I have Will and others to help me through this.

Let's get started on our devotions now! Btw, it's the last chapter of Ecclesiastes, any recommendations for the next book we study?

1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, "I have no pleasure in them";
I like this

2 before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars are darkened and the clouds return after the rain,
The light in our world will eventually succumb, either metaphorically or literally

3 in the day when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men are bent, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those who look through the windows are dimmed,
Not sure if this is describing the coming tribulation. I see that day slowly coming.

4 and the doors on the street are shut-when the sound of the grinding is low, and one rises up at the sound of a bird, and all the daughters of song are brought low-

5 they are afraid also of what is high, and terrors are in the way; the almond tree blossoms, the grasshopper drags itself along, and desire fails, because man is going to his eternal home, and the mourners go about the streets-

6 before the silver cord is snapped, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is shattered at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern,

7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Truth. Similar to the verse "from dust we came, and to dust we return"
We are dust and spirit and those parts will both return to where they belong.

8 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher; all is vanity.
All is vanity. One day the world as you know it will be gone, so praise the Creator for His wonderful creation while you still can!
Everything we have in our lives is ultimately vanity. Without a creator to worship and obey, we are a soldier without a war. A rebel without a cause.

9 Besides being wise, the Preacher also taught the people knowledge, weighing and studying and arranging many proverbs with great care.

10 The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd.

12 My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
>of much study is weariness of the flesh

I like that. Which reminds me, i gotta study for an exam on wednesday lol

13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Words to live by

14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil. - Ecclesiastes 12
Fitting ending, all is vanity but your duty is to fear God and keep His commandments, and everything thing you do will be judged one day.
God is a just God, and a fair God. He sees our deeds, and knows our hearts. He is what we can ultimately and accurately describe as the "most objective judge".

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you especially for Will, he is a huge blessing to me, and such a comfort when my health scares me. Thank you so much for putting him in my life! Father please continue to bless and guide our relationship and please keep us from temptation. Father please be with everyone in my prayer journal, please guide them and help them, many of them need You so badly but they don't realize it, please work in their hearts and show them Your love, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for giving me life on this earth. Im glad I can spend these horrid winters with loving friends and family, including Jessica. Please be with those who cannot properly keep themselves warm in these upcoming cold days. In your name I pray, amen.