Aug 5, Prov 26

Liam found his friends today! He was obviously understandably upset with them, but he was so happy they were safe. Idk any more details though, I didn't really get a chance to talk to him about them cause I've had a really bad headache on and off all day. I've taken painkillers, but they haven't done much to help. It hurts just a little bit then I'll suddenly get a spike of pain that lasts probably a minute or two, but feels like a lot longer than that, and it'll hurt so bad I can't even speak. And I keep getting concentration lapses, often quite suddenly, like I'll be in the middle of saying a sentence and then have no clue what I was talking about and then I keep repeating the last word I said till I can think again. It's really strange.

1 Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool.
Roasted!
Fools never have honor.

2 Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight.

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools.
Damn. Fools get a whooping!

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Don't lower yourself to his level.
Kinda like not stooping to their level.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

6 Whoever sends a message by the hand of a fool cuts off his own feet and drinks violence.
Yeah, that message you're trying to send, it's either been destroyed and not delivered, or altered or just partly delivered 😂.

7 Like a lame man's legs, which hang useless, is a proverb in the mouth of fools.

8 Like one who binds the stone in the sling is one who gives honor to a fool.

9 Like a thorn that goes up into the hand of a drunkard is a proverb in the mouth of fools.

10 Like an archer who wounds everyone is one who hires a passing fool or drunkard.
Don't lie your trust in fools, let alone pay them to do them. This kinda reminds me of someone from work lol
Yeah, I know who your talking about 😂

11 Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.
Fools are getting roasted in these verses! Don't be a fool!

12 Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
Wow, more hope for a fool than for him! If you want to be more roasted than a fool, than be wise in your own eyes.

13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!"

14 As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed.

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth.
To lazy to even eat. Don't be like that.

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.

17 Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.
Does that apply to trying to break up quarrels that are not your own?

18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death

19 is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I am only joking!"
That sounds like some people I know. Lying or insulting than excusing it as a joke. It's ok to joke around sometimes with your close friends, but if you do it to much, and say it's just a joke, if nobody laughs other than you, than it's not funny, and jokes are funny.
Kinda reminds me of how kids nowadays bully or tease. They always mask it under "jokes" just so they won't get in trouble.

20 For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.

21 As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.
20-21
People who spread rumours and cause fights are the kindle that lights fires, so to speak.

22 The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.

23 Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart.

24 Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart;
People who have anything against anyone usually hide it well. Either through lies or smiles.
True, I'm guilty of that.

25 when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart;

26 though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling.
What comes around goes around.

28 A lying tongue hates its victims, and a flattering mouth works ruin.  - Proverbs 26
The lies tend to hurt the victims involved, while flattering people tends to lead them to false achievement and ego(for lack of a better word).

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you that Liam's friends have been found and are ok, please use this to teach them not to do something that stupid again. Thank you for the time Will and I could spend together today and yesterday, please grant us many more days together and please continue to guide and bless us. Father please be near my parents as they are stressed because of my brother. Please grant my uncle traveling mercies as he crosses most of Canada on his motorcycle. Thank you for everyone in my prayer journal, please guide and keep them and shine through them, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the fun day I had with Jessica and Liam. Thank you for keeping my friends and family healthy and close to me. Please guide us in keeping devotions and studying your word. In your name I pray, amen.