July 26, Prov 24:1-22

1 Be not envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them,
Easier said than done, somtimes....We always want to take the easier road, the road with no rules, no laws, no virtue. As sinful humans we are often tempted to do stuff that sholdn't be allowed because others are doing it.  We have to just keep at it, even if it's painful sometimes. What you think, Jess?
I think you said it well Will.

2 for their hearts devise violence, and their lips talk of trouble.

3 By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;
Makes me think of the story where the wise man built his house on a firm foundation, but the foolish man did not.

4 by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
3-4 I like these verses.

5 A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might,
If you are smart about how you use your might, it'll seem like you have more strength. Use brains over brawn.
The brain is better than brawn, basically.

6 for by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory.

7 Wisdom is too high for a fool; in the gate he does not open his mouth.
This makes my think of something my dad always says when someone is being rude or foolish, he says 'don't lower yourself to his level'. Good advice.
Fools eternally roasted. Wisdom is an untouchable charm for the fools. They will never receive it unless they change their ways.

8 Whoever plans to do evil will be called a schemer.
Pretty fair. Schemers are out to do unnecessary harm.

9 The devising of folly is sin, and the scoffer is an abomination to mankind.

10 If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.
I haven't fainted yet, but the way my health is, I wouldn't be surprised if I do one day. My strength is small! 😂
Don't be a wimp. Chumps.

11 Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.

12 If you say, "Behold, we did not know this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.
Honey is pretty good, but I'm more a chocolate kind guy. How about you, Jess?
Chocolate!!!!

14 Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off.
Wisdom is sweet and good.

15 Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the righteous; do no violence to his home;

16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.
I really like this verse, I like how it says the righteous fall, but when they fall, they get up again. That's something that is good to remember, you can fall, you can fall hard, you might even hit rock bottom, but you can get up again and again! It's certainly not easy, but with God's help, you can do it!
15-16 Don't try to mess with a righteous person. They may fall, but they'll only come back more stronger and reserve.

17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
That's not easy.
Don't rejoice when your enemy falls because they will only keep doing what they are doing to get revenge. Also, its cruel to laugh at the wicked suffering sometimes, it's better to win them over.

18 lest the LORD see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him.
Also cause God will turn around and humble you!

19 Fret not yourself because of evildoers, and be not envious of the wicked,
I really like this verse too, don't fret because of evildoers! Don't worry! It's so easy to see all the evil all around us and get discouraged, fret and worry. But remember that God is much mightier than evil, He has a plan and everything will work out for good for those who love Him!

20 for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.
We have an eternal future with God!
19-20 Don't envy at the wicked because their paths only lead to ruin and sadness. It's a long term ruin, that they don't see until it's too late.

21 My son, fear the LORD and the king, and do not join with those who do otherwise,
Best verse from the bunch.

22 for disaster will arise suddenly from them, and who knows the ruin that will come from them both?  - Proverbs 24:1-22

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you that I could spend time with Rachel today. Thank you for the time I could spend with Will. Please continue to guide and bless our relationship. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please bless and keep them, and use them to shine for You, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you again for another great day on this Earth. I thank you that I can enjoy devotionals with a great gal like Jessica, and study your word. Lord, please keep us consistent with these devotions, even when we sometimes forget or too tired. Also, I ask that you please be with Liam, Lord guide him and be with him in his time of need. In your name I pray, amen.