June 18, Prov 6:20-35

20 My son, keep your father's commandment, and forsake not your mother's teaching.
Probably the most informative verse in this bunch. Listen to your parents! They know what is best for you, even if you think they don't. They have lived full lives and have things to teach you.
I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit here Will. It's definitely important to listen to your parents, but they do not always know what is best for you. They definitely have experience, but they make plenty of mistakes. Or maybe you are right but I just don't like this verse cause of how my relationship with my parents is.
Okay, maybe not ALWAYS listen to your parents...It's good to be independent and if you know you're right in some things, than you should follow your own advice, however, if it comes down to things you don't know for sure, or commandments that your parents give, you should follow them regardless, until you move out imo.
I see your point.

21 Bind them on your heart always; tie them around your neck.
I like this verse, we should keep these things in our hearts. Not sure about the around your neck part though.

22 When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you.
I really like how Solomon personifies things like wisdom, understanding and now commandments and teachings.

23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life,

24 to preserve you from the evil woman, from the smooth tongue of the adulteress.

25 Do not desire her beauty in your heart, and do not let her capture you with her eyelashes;

26 for the price of a prostitute is only a loaf of bread, but a married woman hunts down a precious life.
24-26
Stay away from bad girls/guys. Just like that one verse I remember(but can't find which book it's from) don't listen to your heart when it comes to desires. It's essentially one big roasts to cheaters imo.
This verse can mean a few things. But essentially what I got was, having relationships with a prostitute wont cost much, but a women who is married will destroy not only her life, but her family and commitment...Am I sorta right, Jess?
I think you're on the right track there Will.

27 Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned?
Don't play with fire.
You play with fire, you'll get burned. Just stay away from these wicked things.

28 Or can one walk on hot coals and his feet not be scorched?

29 So is he who goes in to his neighbor's wife; none who touches her will go unpunished.
This verse made think about how earlier today Liam told me that if Will or me ever cheat on each other, he would probably kill us.
Basically, if you have an affair, you will pay...

30 People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry,

31 but if he is caught, he will pay sevenfold; he will give all the goods of his house.

32 He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself.
30-32 There can be good excuses for some sins, like stealing food so you don't starve, but there is no excuse for adultery.
My fav here. Adultery is the lowest form of betrayal anyone can do. Cheaters are stupid, selfish, and only hurt others and themselves.  Nothing good comes of it. Especially if they have families and children, it hurts them, and it destroys the household.
So true, well put Will.

33 He will get wounds and dishonor, and his disgrace will not be wiped away.
The ones involved in affairs will suffer social punishment, and forever been seen as disgraceful and disloyal people. As it should be.

34 For jealousy makes a man furious, and he will not spare when he takes revenge.
If the person gets caught cheating and the partner of the cheater finds out....They better run lol Revenge is a dish best served cold, and he/she will be colder than ice.

35 He will accept no compensation; he will refuse though you multiply gifts.  - Proverbs 6:20-35
Most of these are basically one big roasts to cheaters, I love it.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you especially for the wisdom of Your Word. Father sometimes Your wisdom is not easily obeyed. Some of Your commandments can be difficult to understand and apply, like obeying parents when you don't think they are right. Please guide us in situations where on one hand we need to respect and obey our parents, yet on the other hand we don't agree with them. Father thank you for these warnings, its pretty clear from Your Word and our comments that adultery/cheating is pretty despicable. It's pretty clear Will hates cheating, thank you that I don't have to worry about him cheating on me. Thank you for Will, it's great being able to study Your Word, pray, talk and hang out with such a sweet guy. Please continue to guide and bless us as we seek to honour You. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please grant them Your wisdom and blessings, and show them Your love, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
I come to you again to give thanks for another great day in this Earth. I'm thankful that I can be alive to be with the people I love and care for, and praise you for it. I pray that you please bless friends and family who have been with me through thick or thin. Lord, I also pray that you guide me and help me find my way in life, and help me in my career that I will soon pursue. I ask that you please give me and Jessica  motivation to keep these devotions up, because they have really been great for studying and praising your word. In Jesus's name I pray, amen.