Sept 16, Ecc 6

Hey guys! I'm still here! Sorry again for not not publishing in a while, my health is still really bad and it's often very difficult to concentrate and I'm often too weak to type. I had some tests done this morning, an echo cardiogram and I have a heart monitor on that I'll have on till tomorrow. Hopefully the doctors will figure out something from these tests, I'll try to keep you updated whenever I publish!

I have been well enough to knit sometimes, want to see what I've made?

Since we are on the topic of photos, here's the heart monitor I have on if you want to see it:

There are five wires attached to it taped to my chest and I guess that somehow monitors my heart

And here are some flowers Will bought me😊:

He's so sweet! It's so sweet that he got me flowers, but he just had to get pink flowers cause he knows pink is among my least favorite colours! 😂

Btw, I'm am getting low on ideas for things to knit, you have any? If you are interested in buying anything I knit, I am planning on selling some stuff on EBay, so I can give you a link or something if you want!

I think that's enough yapping, on to devotions!

1 There is an evil that I have seen under the sun, and it lies heavy on mankind:
Heavy stuff

2 a man to whom God gives wealth, possessions, and honor, so that he lacks nothing of all that he desires, yet God does not give him power to enjoy them, but a stranger enjoys them. This is vanity; it is a grievous evil.
Is Solomon blaming himself? Or is he blaming God somehow?
Hmmm, he might be blaming God cause he doesn't mention himself, only God.

3 If a man fathers a hundred children and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his soul is not satisfied with life's good things, and he also has no burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he.
Be content and satisfied with what you have!
The same running theme as the other verses. "It is better to not be born at all".

4 For it comes in vanity and goes in darkness, and in darkness its name is covered.

5 Moreover, it has not seen the sun or known anything, yet it finds rest rather than he.
A still born baby has more rest than he...Damn...However, too much rest isn't really good...right Jess 😂
Is there such a thing as too much rest Will? Idk 😂

6 Even though he should live a thousand years twice over, yet enjoy no good-do not all go to the one place?
Kinda reminds me of a question I was told once "would you ever choose to live forever?" Nope.

7 All the toil of man is for his mouth, yet his appetite is not satisfied.
Another deep verse. The work, the effort, the blood sweat, tears bring out into something which you don't have a least bit of interest in....I imagine that accounts for a lot of rich people than most of us realize.

8 For what advantage has the wise man over the fool? And what does the poor man have who knows how to conduct himself before the living?

9 Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the appetite: this also is vanity and a striving after wind.

10 Whatever has come to be has already been named, and it is known what man is, and that he is not able to dispute with one stronger than he.

11 The more words, the more vanity, and what is the advantage to man?

12 For who knows what is good for man while he lives the few days of his vain life, which he passes like a shadow? For who can tell man what will be after him under the sun? - Ecclesiastes 6
Like this verse as well.
This is a rather depressing sounding chapter. It's so easy to fall into the trap of depression, everything is vanity, what good is there? The world is a very dark place sometimes, it can be difficult to see the light. It's so important to spread God's light in this dark world! It is ok to be depressed sometimes though, we are only human and it's impossible to always be joyful and optimistic, but when you are happy in bad times, it makes those times a lot easier!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many mercies and blessings! Thank you that we do have purpose in this world that is seemingly filled with darkness and vanity, we are here to praise and glorify You, and to spread the light of Your word! Thank you for the many opportunities You give us to do that, please help us notice those opportunities easier and use them more often! Thank you so much for Your many blessings, so many things to be thankful for! Thank you for Will, he's such a blessing! Thank you family and friends, please help me improve relationships with them if it's Your will. Thank that even though my health is bad, it could be worse, I can still do many things even though they are difficult. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, please use them to light up this world with Your love! In Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for another good day on this Earth. As always, I wish to thank you for giving me a loving family and group of friends to be with. I would like for you to be with Liam, and protect him from those that seek to use him, and to have him hang out with us more, but most importantly, to keep is daughter safe and healthy. Lord I pray that you help the doctors looking over Jessica to find any issues she has and to go ahead with any treatment she may need to get better. I ask that you please be with those who may be less fortunate than us, and to bless those who need it. In your name I pray, forever more, amen.