June 15, Prov 5

Today I had to get up early for work, and I was at work for 5 and a half hours with no break. That's not even legal, but my boss gave me free food so I'm not complaining 😂. Will was working too but he was off before me so he waited at Tim's for me so we could hang out. I was at work for a while so he had to wait so long he fell asleep 😂. I tried poking him to wake him up, but he didn't wake up so I put his headphones on his nose, that woke him up😂. Then we when to Walmart cause I had to get a gift for Fathers Day tomorrow. It was lots of fun even though I was sleep deprived and a bit sugar high, so I was a tad crazy, but that made it more fun😁. I really enjoyed hanging out with Will even though it wasn't a ton of time. My mom met us there and drove me home and I didn't do much the rest of the day, my legs where hurting from standing so much.

Want to see a pic of me and Will? Here's one!

1 My son, be attentive to my wisdom; incline your ear to my understanding,

2 that you may keep discretion, and your lips may guard knowledge.

3 For the lips of a forbidden woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil,
Temptation can look so appealing.

4 but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death; her steps follow the path to Sheol;

6 she does not ponder the path of life; her ways wander, and she does not know it.
The "forbidden Women" knows not where she goes. Unprepared, no plans, etc. Many people live life like this, and its tragic.

7 And now, O sons, listen to me, and do not depart from the words of my mouth.
Keep close attention. Do not court wickedness/ignorance.

8 Keep your way far from her, and do not go near the door of her house,
Keeping your distance from temptation can help keep you from falling into its snare.

9 lest you give your honor to others and your years to the merciless,

10 lest strangers take their fill of your strength, and your labors go to the house of a foreigner,

11 and at the end of your life you groan, when your flesh and body are consumed,

12 and you say, "How I hated discipline, and my heart despised reproof!

13 I did not listen to the voice of my teachers or incline my ear to my instructors.

14 I am at the brink of utter ruin in the assembled congregation."
You will regret it if you don't listen to wisdom and learn from discipline.

15 Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well.

16 Should your springs be scattered abroad, streams of water in the streets?

17 Let them be for yourself alone, and not for strangers with you.

18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth,
This verse makes me think of Revelation 2:4 'But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.' You may be at a time in your life where you love God very much, but Satan is always working to make you lose interest in God. There will be times you won't be as on fire for God as you are now, watch and pray that you will not lose your love for God.

19 a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

20 Why should you be intoxicated, my son, with a forbidden woman and embrace the bosom of an adulteress?
Don't flirt with the devil.
Just don't get intoxicated at all lol. Reject the notion of the "forbidden Women"

21 For a man's ways are before the eyes of the LORD, and he ponders all his paths.

22 The iniquities of the wicked ensnare him, and he is held fast in the cords of his sin.
Good verse. The wicked will be caught by their own sin. Like a rabbit getting caught in a snare.

23 He dies for lack of discipline, and because of his great folly he is led astray.  - Proverbs 5
Continuing from 22, lack of discipline led him away from wisdom, God, and reason. He dies from lack of discipline. Many people today die from lack of discipline, whether it be eating too much, spending too much, not being careful with things dangerous things, etc.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you especially that I have good job even though it can be draining at times. Thank you for the patience You have blessed me with that I can deal with annoying customers and train clueless new waitresses. Father please help me be a light for You at my workplace, and everywhere I go. Thank you for the wisdom and warnings in Your Word, please help us apply them to our lives. Please keep us from temptation, thank you that You always provide a way of escape if we are tempted. Father please help us not forget our love for You, please keep it shining brightly. Father thank you that I could spend some time with Will today, I really enjoyed it, please continue to guide and bless us as we grow closer to each other and closer to You. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, show them Your love, but also teach them to stay on fire for You. Please continue to guide and keep them, this I pray in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
I humbly come to thank you for another good day on this Earth. I please ask that you take care of my family who is just now travelling back home from the states. Lord I ask that you once again bless the family and friends in my life who in turn bless me. I'm thankful I can be a part of this devotion to study and praise your word. Please continue to guide me and be with me on this journey called life. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.