July 31, Prov 24:23-34

Hey guys! How ya doing? I have good days and bad days with my health, and every day I get tired really easily. Thanks for being patient with me not updating much lately, I'm going to try harder to do this more often, even when I am tired. ❤️❤️❤️🤗

23 These also are sayings of the wise. Partiality in judging is not good.

24 Whoever says to the wicked, "You are in the right," will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations,
In other words try not to lie and cover for the wicked. Evil is evil, and needs to be called out.

25 but those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them.
Call a spade a spade, and you will be blessed by God.

26 Whoever gives an honest answer kisses the lips.
Not sure what this means, honestly. Do you Jess?
I was a bit confused by this as well, so I looked this verse up in my study Bible, and basically it's saying that if you give an honest answer, people will love you, and a kiss is a symbol of love. I'm paraphrasing a lot, but that's the gist of it.

27 Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.

28 Be not a witness against your neighbor without cause, and do not deceive with your lips.
Don't lie.
Don't be a snake to your friends and family. If they deserves to be in trouble than witness against them, else who cares.

29 Do not say, "I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay the man back for what he has done."
Don't try to settle the score with people, it tends not to go well. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
I like that saying, 'An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.'

30 I passed by the field of a sluggard, by the vineyard of a man lacking sense,

31 and behold, it was all overgrown with thorns; the ground was covered with nettles, and its stone wall was broken down.

32 Then I saw and considered it; I looked and received instruction.
If you keep your eyes and ears open, you can receive a lots of instruction and wisdom.

33 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
It's so easy to say, 'just a little bit of laziness', but the little bits add up and you are lazy longer than just a little bit, and that is how poverty comes. You don't even see it coming.

34 and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man. - Proverbs 24:23-34

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you especially for the time I spend with Will, please continue to guide and bless us. Thank you that we can study Your word together, please help us do it more regularly, and please bless those who read this, may they gain wisdom and love You more. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, please be near them and shine through them, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for another good day today. Thanks for giving me the energy and motivation to finish most of the chores today which I had ample opportunity to finish. Please bless the great friends and family in my life. I would also like for you to stay with Brandon and Liam, and help them with their problems and come around to your word. Thank you that me and Jessica can study and pray your word whenever we can. In your name we pray, amen.