June 29, Prov 12

Yesterday was lots of fun, I hung out with Will and Liam, we had dinner then explored some abandoned houses then did homework at a Tim's. Unfortunately I had two more dizzying spells, they were bad but not as bad as the other day.

Here's some pics from the houses, the first two pics are actually from a house my aunt used to live in, they had two fireplaces that looked almost identical.

1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid

Stupid people won't listen to advice, and thus will never learn from their mistakes.

2 A good man obtains favor from the LORD, but a man of evil devices he condemns.
Good things come to good people. Bad things happen to bad people. It's that's simple.

3 No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved.
You can't establish anything on shaky foundations. Like the parable about the guy who built his house on the sand verses the one who built his house on a rock.
Wickedness cannot take root. Similar to our world, the wicked things may be in power, but they are mostly a paper tiger. Its power is mostly staged, and is weak against the normal good people. The righteous things will prevail.

4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.

5 The thoughts of the righteous are just; the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.
What you think says a lot about you.
The righteous thoughts are just and pure, while the wicked plan their deceit in darkness.

6 The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, but the mouth of the upright delivers them.

7 The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous will stand.

8 A man is commended according to his good sense, but one of twisted mind is despised.

9 Better to be lowly and have a servant than to play the great man and lack bread.
Makes me think about when Jesus said something about how you shouldn't sit in the best seat when invited to a meal cause the host might tell you to move to a worse seat, instead sit at a lowly seat and the host might tell you to go to a better one or something like that.

10 Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.
Very true, if a person abuses animals, chances are they aren't very righteous and probably won't care about people as much as they should.

11 Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.

12 Whoever is wicked covets the spoil of evildoers, but the root of the righteous bears fruit.

13 An evil man is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, but the righteous escapes from trouble.
Evil men are undone by their lying and deceit. Righteous people do not have to worry about this.

14 From the fruit of his mouth a man is satisfied with good, and the work of a man's hand comes back to him.
What goes around comes around.

15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.
A fool will never think that what he is doing is wrong, that's also why a fool hates discipline, but a wise man loves it.

16 The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.
It's good if you are able to ignore an insult.

17 Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit.
Don't lie. Some of us have a hard time doing this. Sometimes we think that maybe if we do a little white lie, than it won't matter much, but it does.

18 There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
The tongue is a very powerful weapon.

19 Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy.
Peace and joy are much better than deceit and evil if you ask me.
Those who plan evil have no joy, and live in constant resentment. While the peaceful are always happy.

21 No ill befalls the righteous, but the wicked are filled with trouble.

22 Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

23 A prudent man conceals knowledge, but the heart of fools proclaims folly.

24 The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.

25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
So true, a nice word can really improve someone's day!

26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Don't follow the wicked, lest you wanna be led astray.

27 Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but the diligent man will get precious wealth.

28 In the path of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.  - Proverbs 12
The righteous with God's blessing will never truly die, because their names will be written in the book of Life.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you especially for Will and Liam, thank you for the great time we had together yesterday, and thank you that Will and I can study Your word together. Please bless us as we worship You at church tomorrow, and in everything we do. Please bless the wisdom of Your word to our hearts that we may grow in wisdom. Father, these dizzy spells I've been getting lately are not fun at all, please help us figure out what is going on, and please heal me. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please guide and bless them, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for another great day on this Earth. I pray for my friends and family who have been great blessings and for you to bless their lives. We had a lot of fun yesterday, and I please ask that we can get more great days like those. Lord I also that you please help Jessica heal from her health issues and to help her when she has her moments of pain. I also ask that you please stay with my friend Frankie who is still recovering from the passing of his father. I thank you so much for having a woman like Jessica in my life to study and share your word with. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.