June 21, Prov 7

I went to volleyball last night so by time I got home it was too late for this.

I didn't have the best day today. It's one of my older brothers birthday, so my whole family went out for dinner to celebrate, but instead of celebrating they spent the whole time arguing and I barely said a word. It hurts to see and hear them argue like this. It helped to talk to Will afterwards though. And I got to hang out with Will and Liam a bit, I really enjoyed that. And I am officially accepted into the college I applied too! Why is my life like this? It's always a roller coaster, good and bad, happy and sad, it get really tiring after a while. I try to be optimistic, but it's so difficult sometimes. I was talking to Will earlier and one moment I was close to tears telling him about how horrible dinner was, and the next minute I'm laughing cause he told me a funny story, or smiling cause he's so sweat and caring. And then the topic of conversation turns back to depressing things and I am close to tears again! Why?

Btw, on Sunday Will is going to visit my house to ask my dad permission to date me. He is really nervous. He's cute when he's nervous, but don't tell him that😂

1 My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you;
Good verse. Really nailing it home by keeping the Lord's words.

2 keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
Keep the Lord's commandments with you. Hold and keep his teachings to high standards.

3 bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call insight your intimate friend,
Keep wisdom close like a family member, in this case like a sister. Although, if I remember correctly one of the earlier passages personified wisdom more as a "spouse" type. Do you remeber, Jess?
Either my memory is bad, or you are wrong Will. I glanced back at some earlier passages and I didn't see any specifically saying wisdom is like a spouse, altogether there was a verse that said something about loving her.

5 to keep you from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words.
Sin can look so enticing, watch out for smooth talkers, they can really tempt you.

6 For at the window of my house I have looked out through my lattice,

7 and I have seen among the simple, I have perceived among the youths, a young man lacking sense,
Simple youths often lack sense, don't be a fool like them.

8 passing along the street near her corner, taking the road to her house

9 in the twilight, in the evening, at the time of night and darkness.

10 And behold, the woman meets him, dressed as a prostitute, wily of heart.

11 She is loud and wayward; her feet do not stay at home;
This women is not a character you should be with. Also, having trouble deducting if this is another personification of say, sin, or if this is still talking about adulterous women? I'm sorry, I'm not in my A game tonight lol
I think it is both a personification of sin and the adulterous woman. I'm also not my best tonight, don't worry about it.
I bet I'm 100% wrong lol.

12 now in the street, now in the market, and at every corner she lies in wait.

13 She seizes him and kisses him, and with bold face she says to him,
Run, run like Joseph ran from the Egyptian prince's wife.

14 "I had to offer sacrifices, and today I have paid my vows;

15 so now I have come out to meet you, to seek you eagerly, and I have found you.

16 I have spread my couch with coverings, colored linens from Egyptian linen;

17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18 Come, let us take our fill of love till morning; let us delight ourselves with love.

19 For my husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey;

20 he took a bag of money with him; at full moon he will come home."

21 With much seductive speech she persuades him; with her smooth talk she compels him.

22 All at once he follows her, as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a stag is caught fast

23 till an arrow pierces its liver; as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life.
The wages of sin is death.
21-23
Some people get tempted and fall into traps. I like how it compared it to animals getting caught in snares and slaughter house. It's not always about sexual desires, but also other stuff like drugs, crime, and other vices.

24 And now, O sons, listen to me, and be attentive to the words of my mouth.
Listen to God. Whenever you feel these temptations arise or your in this situation, step aside and think what would God want you to do? What does he say about it?

25 Let not your heart turn aside to her ways; do not stray into her paths,
In other words, don't listen to what your "heart" says. It is still flesh and only there for carnal desires. Don't follow her path, which will only lead to destruction and unhappiness.

26 for many a victim has she laid low, and all her slain are a mighty throng.
Is this saying that all her slain were mighty people, or that her slain were many people, a mighty throng?

27 Her house is the way to Sheol, going down to the chambers of death. - Proverbs 7
Her house is the trap. Your Doom, spiritual or otherwise.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you that my brother is alive another year, please use this coming year to bring him to You. Father please be near my parents as they do their best to be good parents and witness to my brothers. Thank you that David is starting to try to improve his life, please bring him to You. Thank you so much for my friends, especially Will and Liam, but especially Will. Thank you that he is so sweet and caring and a good listening ear when I need someone to talk too. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, especially those with family difficulties, please bless and keep them all, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
I come again to give thanks for another great day on this wonderful Earth you created. I thank you for the good friends and family that accompany me and ask that you bless them and keep them in your care. I thank you for another great devotion and I ask that you keep me and Jessica in your guidance while we read and study your word. It is a always a great time when I hang out with Jessica, and I ask that we can be able to do it again. On that note, I also ask that you please help me not get too nervous for Sunday and for the visit to go over well. You are our Lord and whatever happens to us is your will. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.