July 12, Prov 19

1 Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.
Doesn't matter about your wealth. If you have integrity, you are worth more to someone.

2 Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way.
Don't be hasty. Sometimes I might be a little impulsive and hasty, I should work on that. 😂
So true. You need to know about what you want. It's like traveling without a map or gps. And quickly chasing something without proper planning will just be a waste.

3 When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the LORD.
Yep, some people get upset at God for things that are their own fault.
When idiots cause their own destruction, they always blame God instead of taking responsibility for their own failures.

4 Wealth brings many new friends, but a poor man is deserted by his friend.
While wealth does bring new "friends", you have to wonder if these new "friends" are genuine and would have paid attention to you otherwise if you were poor...

5 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape.
Don't lie. Even if it's a little. Sadly, something that I need to work on, but I'm better, I hope.
It's good that you recognize what you need to work on, and work on it. No one is perfect, but we can strive to be.

6 Many seek the favor of a generous man, and everyone is a friend to a man who gives gifts.
This makes my think of one of my brothers, he dated a girl who clearly just wanted his money, but he couldn't see that. He liked her so much that he somehow did not realize that.

7 All a poor man's brothers hate him; how much more do his friends go far from him! He pursues them with words, but does not have them.

8 Whoever gets sense loves his own soul; he who keeps understanding will discover good.

9 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

10 It is not fitting for a fool to live in luxury, much less for a slave to rule over princes.
Pretty good verse. Very quotable.

11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

12 A king's wrath is like the growling of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.
A nice verse that kinda compares God to Kings. Kings will get VERY angry amd their wrath knows no bounds, but if you get their favor they will treat you right.

13 A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife's quarreling is a continual dripping of rain.
another good verse.

14 House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.
That's also a nice verse.

15 Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep, and an idle person will suffer hunger.

16 Whoever keeps the commandment keeps his life; he who despises his ways will die.

17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.
Makes me think of Matthew 25:34-46
"34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'
37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'
40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
44 Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?'
45 Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." - Matthew 25:34-46
I like this one too.

18 Discipline your son, for there is hope; do not set your heart on putting him to death.

19 A man of great wrath will pay the penalty, for if you deliver him, you will only have to do it again.
Some people will use you, if you do something nice for them once, they'll expect you and guilt trip you into doing things for them again and again.

20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
We can make so many plans, I planned to go to college this year, my family planned to go on vacation a few months ago, we make so many plans, but if it's not God's will, it's not going to happen.
Man thinks of buildings, but God allows them to be built and sustained.

22 What is desired in a man is steadfast love, and a poor man is better than a liar.

23 The fear of the LORD leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.

24 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish and will not even bring it back to his mouth.

25 Strike a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence; reprove a man of understanding, and he will gain knowledge.

26 He who does violence to his father and chases away his mother is a son who brings shame and reproach.
That verse sure hit home.
Always treat your parents right, even if you think they don't deserve it.

27 Cease to hear instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge.
you cant gain knowledge if you DON'T LISTEN.

28 A worthless witness mocks at justice, and the mouth of the wicked devours iniquity.

29 Condemnation is ready for scoffers, and beating for the backs of fools. - Proverbs 19

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you especially for the time I could spend with Will, just hanging out and studying Your Word. Please bless Your wisdom to our hearts, and please grant us much time together if it is Your will. Thank you also for Liam, please help us make him feel more like our best friend and less like a third wheel. Father please be near my brother, You know what problems he has. Please bring my brothers to You. Lately I've been thinking about the past more than I should, please help me to not dwell on things that are done and over. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please guide and keep them, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Lord,
Thank you for another great day. I thank you that I have great friends and family to spend time with. Lord, I thank you for Jessica, and I ask that you please stay with us as we follow your word, and continue our relationship under your guidance. I also want to pray for Liam, for him to be patient with finding a partner, and for his mother's health. Whatever is your will, is your way. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.