Sept 9, Ecc 5

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, my health is still not very good. I'm always so exhausted, especially at night I'm often falling asleep by dinner time, so I never have enough energy to do this. I had the idea this morning to start doing devotions in the morning or during the day in the little bit of time here and there I get occasionally that I am not to dizzy and tired to function!

I had a doc appointment last week, the doc ordered blood tests to look for autoimmune disorders, an ultrasound to look at my heart, an MRI to look at my brain and something I can't remember what it's called to check for seizures. It'll take at least a month to get all those tests done and get the results from the tests, but I'll try to keep you updated!

I decided to start knitting when I'm physically able to cause it's something that I can do even when my brain isn't working very well cause it's super easy! I can't concentrate on schoolwork and can't do any type of physical work, it's extremely difficult even to help out with chores and doing absolutely nothing makes me even more depressed than I am, so I'm so glad I thought to knit! It feels so good to do something! If I manage to knit anything that could actually be sold, I'll get my little brother to put it on his EBay store and I'll post a link if you want to see!

On to devotions now!!!

1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.
Many people go to church just to say they go to church. Don't be like that, go to church because you want to listen to God's word and have fellowship with His people.

2 Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.
It's much better to say nothing than to say something you shouldn't have. God hears every word you speak.

3 For a dream comes with much business, and a fool's voice with many words.

4 When you vow a vow to God, do not delay paying it, for he has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you vow.
In other words, if you made a commitment to God, you should keep it. Doing otherwise would make you look like a hypocrite.

5 It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
Good advice, I have stoped myself from making promises at times because there was a high enough chance I wouldn't be able to keep my promise. It's much better to say that you will try your best than to promise that you will unless you are sure you will be able to keep your promise.

6 Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake. Why should God be angry at your voice and destroy the work of your hands?
Sometimes we say things which we shouldn't say. I know I do that sometimes. It's a very hard habit to ditch, honestly.

7 For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear.
I like this verse. God is above all this wordly made material. In fact, our life in this world is temporary, and short.

8 If you see in a province the oppression of the poor and the violation of justice and righteousness, do not be amazed at the matter, for the high official is watched by a higher, and there are yet higher ones over them.

9 But this is gain for a land in every way: a king committed to cultivated fields.

10 He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity.
Money is just paper at the end of the day. It can buy you materials which will occupy you for a short time, but it will never buy you the real important things in life; God, Love, Family, true friends, etc.

11 When goods increase, they increase who eat them, and what advantage has their owner but to see them with his eyes?

12 Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep.
Funny, because it it said that eating late at night will bad for your sleep, since the food will give you enough energy to stay a wake for a while. Same goes for drinking water at night.
I think this verse means that when you work hard you will sleep well, but if you just sit around and eat all day then sleep isn't nearly as sweet. It's very true.

13 There is a grievous evil that I have seen under the sun: riches were kept by their owner to his hurt,

14 and those riches were lost in a bad venture. And he is father of a son, but he has nothing in his hand.

15 As he came from his mother's womb he shall go again, naked as he came, and shall take nothing for his toil that he may carry away in his hand.
Another saying close to the verse "From dust we came, and to dust we shall return". They may bury you with money and your belonging like they did with Egyptian Pharos, but you will never truly bring them with you to God.

16 This also is a grievous evil: just as he came, so shall he go, and what gain is there to him who toils for the wind?

17 Moreover, all his days he eats in darkness in much vexation and sickness and anger.

18 Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot.
It's better to enjoy the life God gave you instead of being miserable toiling for essentially nothing.

19 Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil-this is the gift of God.
God has the power to elect stone of us to be leaders, rich, etc. No matter our role, big or small, we should be grateful and thank God for it.

20 For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart. - Ecclesiastes 5
Keeping God in your life is a difficult task. However, it's worth it because only God can give you true happiness and love.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, You have given us so many wonderful things, please help us remember to thank You for them and use them to honour You. Thank you so much for Will, he's such a blessing to me! Please help us honour You with our relationship and please keep us from sin. Thank you for knitting, thank you that it can keep me occupied and is much better than mindless tv. Father please bless and guide everyone in my prayer journal, especially Liam as he really needs You right now, in Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for giving me another day on this Earth. I'm thankful that you gave me the opportunity to a good family, good friends, and a good girl like Jessica. Dear Lord, I would like you to say with Liam and keep him in your protection, he is struggling right now and lost. Please allow me and Jessica to be a good influence on him and possibly help him find a good God fearing lady. Please bless those who bless me, and please allow us to keep our devotions consistent. Lastly, please take care of Jessica and allow her doctor's to find what is going on with her and to treat it. In you name I pray, amen.