13

Amelia

"I still can't believe you bought that," I say to Harry.

The two of us are currently in his hotel room. He suggested we come here to hang out for a bit after our bookstore antics. 

I sit on his bed, watching him as he carefully opens the One Direction book and bends the spine so it cracks but without breaking it completely. He then takes a sharpie from beside him and pops the cap off, scribbling away on the very back page, against the hardcover. 

"It's the best purchase I've made," Harry tells me, not looking up from where his nose is buried in the book. 

I find that hard to believe after seeing all the Gucci and other various designer bags around his suite. I would love to raid his recent purchases just to see all the extravagant things he bought. It looks like he went on a shopping spree since the last time I was over. There are somehow even more designer boxes and bags scattered around. 

Harry puts the cap back on the Sharpie marker and then closes the book. He looks rather proud of himself as he places both objects on the bed next to him. I wonder what he wrote to make him feel that way, but I choose not to ask. I don't want to overstep. 

"Where - " Harry starts to say. He looks over at me, his green eyes sparkling from the sunlight streaming into the room. I notice they seem to do that a lot - sparkle in the light, that is. They're beautiful. I've been captivated by them since we met. "Where exactly do you live? Did you tell me?"

I smile, sensing some nervousness radiating off of him. 

"I'm on Long Island. We could take a train out to my house. That's how I travel back and forth anyways. It's not terribly long, maybe an hour and a half to two hours. It depends which stop we would get off at," I tell Harry.

 I lean back against the headboard in an attempt to get more comfortable. Harry looks at me with a confused expression, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips slightly parted. 

"You don't have a car?" he asks me.

I shake my head.

 "I don't need one in the city and I can't afford one yet for home. My parents wanted to help me but I'm one of five so money isn't that flexible," I say. I fidget with my fingers, feeling uneasy talking about my money issues with Harry. "I don't work while I'm at school because my schedule is so erratic. Currently, I'm living off of my savings from working over the years, and over breaks. It wouldn't be practical to try to buy a car. I don't really have much as it is." Part of me also wants to add that I'm going to school on a pretty substantial scholarship but I opt to omit that information for right now. 

Harry flops forward from the upright position he was in, falling on his stomach right beside me, causing his hair to fan out around him. I'm tempted to run my fingers through it since he took it out of the bun it was in earlier, but I brush the brief thought out of my mind.

"We can take my car there if you'd like," Harry softly offers. "It'll be more comfortable than a train. I'll drive, also. I have a driver while I'm here but I'll let Will have the day off to himself." 

I smile at Harry as he looks up from where his head is resting on the backs of his hands. 

"I'll take you up on that. It saves me a train ticket," I say to him. 

I don't mind taking the train. It's convenient and I don't have to worry about being tired and driving. However, the tickets can be pricey and I'm trying to save every bit of money that I can. Shannon and I have a decent deal on our college apartment right now through the University, but it's still crazy expensive compared to anywhere else. We could live in Pennsylvania or Montana or even just upstate New York for a fraction of the price.