38

Harry

I'm nervous to talk to Amelia - more nervous than I probably should be and it's all because I'm a bloody moron.

I fidget with my fingers, waiting for her to to come back to my room for the night. I believe she was calling her parents and she had went to her room to do that. I offered to let her stay in my room but I think she enjoys having her own space and privacy, especially for things like that. So I didn't push anything. I'm happy enough knowing that she'll be sleeping with me tonight like she has been the past couple of nights.

I never would have thought that I would have been this head over heels for someone. I've had my share of 'relationships', if you'd call them that, and casual sex but this is different. I actually see this going somewhere. The other relationships I had were mainly about having fun but this one...this one is different because I actually see a future with Amelia. 

The door to my bedroom opens, and in comes my lovely girlfriend wearing shorts and one of my long sleeve black shirts. Her hair is down and slightly messy but I like it like that. Dark purple love marks also scatter her neck from our intimate moment last night...

Fucking idiot, I think to myself. I instantly pale when I realize what I did. She didn't care about the marks before but she will after I tell her what I need to.

"Hi," she says, smiling brightly at me.

She comes around the other side of the bed and crawls in under the covers next to me. I turn to face her, her gaze already on me. 

God, she's fucking beautiful. The most beautiful creature on this planet. 

"I messed up," I force myself to spit out, trying not to get too lost in her beauty. 

Her face falls slightly, her eyebrows creasing and a frown forming on her perfect lips. 

"Wh - " she starts but I cut her off.

"I - I forgot that I invited my mum to come for the documentary about filming my haircut. She's due to come tomorrow," I ramble. 

I smile awkwardly, watching her expression carefully. She doesn't look mad or upset, which is a good thing. I would say she looks more confused than anything. Maybe even worried. 

"Your mom's coming?" she asks me, causing me to nod.

"Yes," I say. "If you're not comfortable with that we can work something else out. It's just - I really want you there and I completely forgot I asked her to come until she rang me about it earlier."

Amelia averts her eyes as she thinks, causing my stomach to drop. 

Fuck, maybe she is mad. I didn't think so though but I really can't tell right now. I feel myself getting lost in my own thoughts. 

"So I'm going to meet your mom tomorrow?" she asks me, looking back over at me.

I reach out and tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, grazing her cheek in the process with my knuckles.

"Only if you want. We can work something out if you d- "

"Of course I want to meet her, Harry. I just wish you had given me more notice," she cuts me off. 

Her tone isn't harsh or anything. It's soft and she gives me a small smile, causing my heart to melt into pure liquid. 

"I'm so sorry, darling. I completely forgot," I explain. "It was such a last minute thing and it happened so suddenly. Plus I got distracted with you here..."

She raises her eyebrows but before she can say anything, I place a hand on her cheek and lean in, pressing a small kiss to the corner of her mouth. She smiles and then attaches her lips firmly to mine, kissing me softly at first but I feel it progressively get more and more heated.