8

Ally's POV

Sighing, I walked up the stairs. The bad thoughts couldn't get out of my head, it was like an untreated disease. I wouldn't leave, and more and more would keep affecting my head. Putting on a random shirt, I slipped on some black jeans and brushed my auburn hair. Looking in the mirror, I saw I had one of my favorite band shirts (Slayer), and the jeans fit me perfectly. My eyes were naturally a cool shade of violet-blue, but were usually pretty dull and saw as blue. Now, they looked like actually violet, and popped out (in a good way). My hair wasn't frizzy like usual, and actually looked somewhat more ginger. Today, I was looking pretty, but my thoughts took over, leaving me to feel ugly.

Grabbing my small backpack, making sure everything was in there, I threw it onto my back. Running down to Cliff, I nodded, showing I was ready. "Is it just me and you?" I said, my voice deeper then usual.

"Yup. Now, let's go the car." He said, swinging his arm around my shoulder, walking out of the house. 

"Kirk has told me about these days.Don't worry, your mom is gone. You're safe with us." He said, planting a reassuring kiss on my forehead. Snuggling into his chest, I felt my anxiety start to brush up, as we walked into the car.

As we drove there, Alice Cooper blasting, I stared out of the window. It was, sure as hell, a pretty place.

As I got lost in the music and scenery, I didn't realize we were in town.

"Anyways, we're about a mile away from the record store. We can walk that far, right?" He asked, giving me a big smile. Nodding, I walked out of the car. My head resting on his shoulder, we walked down the sidewalk, taking in the affection between us. The thing between me and Kirk was just platonic, we were just really good friends, but me and Cliff... could work.