17

After we tore through the donuts and coffee, I laid on the couch, watching MTV. A beer in my hand, I took the last gulp. My legs were on top of Cliff's lap, him as well drinking a beer. Kirk, Lars and James left to somewhere the whole entire day, at about 11. That was around 8 hours ago, and me and Cliff just hung around, watching MTV. He really seemed like he wanted to say something for the last hour, but didn't say it.

Looking sadly down at me, he sighed, focusing back on the tv. "Spit it out." I finally spoke out.

"Do you want to go and go to the record store? Then go to the diner?" He said, seeming fearful of rejection.

"You waited a hour just to ask me something I'd obviously say yes to?" I joked with him, jumping up from the couch. Yanking him up, I ran out the house, Cliff coming behind me.

"Wait, let me lock the fucking door." He gave me a big smile, shoving the key into the door and locking it. Running up to me, he snatched my hand and sprinted with me, our long legs running towards the car.

Rushing there, I opened our windows and turned on the rock radio, hoping something was good on.

The end of Iron Man finished, then a familiar beginning of the song started. Smirking,  I screamed out the lyrics.

"Make his fight on the hill in the early day

Constant chill deep inside!

Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey,

On the fight, for they are right, yes, by who's to say?

For a hill men would kill, why? They do not know,

Stiffened wounds test there their pride!

Men of five, still alive through the raging glow,

Gone insane from the pain that they surely know!"

Looking towards him, he smiled back at me as we belted out the next lyric.

"FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS!"