31

(I-I 'm sorry for what the hell's going to happen at the end.)

"I really don't know how or why you forgave me." Cliff says, his hand interlocked with mine. We were on our way to guitar center to jam, and I had my guitar case in my other hand. We were on tour still, but it was November now and we had a full day to do whatever we want. The city we were in was my Grandfather's city, and I, a very paranoid person, thought my mom would be here, but after a couple minutes of convincing, I thought she would never be here.

"I had to. Even if I broke up with you, I'd run back after a couple of days of heartbreak." I explained, leaning up to kiss him on the cheek, which he was attempting to as well, which ended up with our lips on each other. Blushing, I laughed lightly as we walked towards the car.

"You ready?" He asked, giving me a genuine smile. I pretty much melted at the smile, and I nodded. 

Jumping in the car, the familiar beginning of So What starting. Laughing lightly, I turned to him. "What?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, as if acting clueless.

"How often do you listen to this song?" I asked.

"Everyday. I can't stop thinking of when you sung it." Awwwww.

Just letting myself blush, I turned the music on very loudly, opening my window as Cliff did the same. As I sang out, towards the end of the song, a mom with a kid ran up in front of our car, putting her hand out to reference us to stop. "Oh boy, get ready for a mom explosion." I muttered to him, gripping his hand.

"Excuse me, you young kids shouldn't be playing that kind of music, or be dating whatsoever!" She said, me trying not to laugh.

"We're twenty!" Cliff laughed. Letting a little laugh knowing it's safe, I immediately stopped as I saw her face fill with anger.

"Sure, you can say that all you want! Just, don't play that kind of foul music here, there are children here!"

It was my turn to speak. "Go home, Karen, you and your child are the only kind of children here. And may I remind you, we have all the right to play what we like. And, if you don't believe that I am indeed 21," I paused, pulling out my drivers licence to show her. "Here you go. Have a nice day." I said, as Cliff took the symbol to leave, immediately taking off.

Cackling, we slowed down after 3 blocks, Am I Evil? started and we sang along quietly until we were almost there and I broke the silence, 

"Why don't you rename Metallica?" I asked as he turned to me and rose an eyebrow as if he thought I was serious.

"To what?"

"The Union of Super Sick Rockers. The U.S.S.R." I said, trying not to laugh. Cackling, he parked in a parking space and walked out of the car, grabbing my guitar.

Walking in, an employee walked up and helped plug up my guitar. Looking up at me, with a light blush on his face, he asked "Would you like to learn the chords to Smoke on The Water?" He said quietly, Cliff, practically dying from laughter in the background.

"N-No, thank you though." He nodded awkwardly and walked off as I started to play the beginning to Fade to Black. As I finished up the intro, I heard a light voice next to me,

"Life it seems to fade away,
Drifting further everyday.
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else." Cliff sang softly beside me. I never knew he sang so well.

"I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free!
" I sang along.

"Things not what they used to be
Missing one inside of me
Deathly loss this can't be real
Cannot stand this hell
." I feel Cliff sang, swinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me but now, he's gone.
" I sang as I quickly planting a kiss on his cheek as he went on to sing the next line.

"No one but me can save myself, but its too late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try
Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye.
"

"Goodbye!" We sang together.

Laughing as we laid in each others arms, I froze as I saw the dirty blonde woman with blazing blue eyes at the counter, yelling at the employee.

It can't be....

"What's wrong?" Cliff asked. I pointed towards the woman, who I confirmed who was my mom, my hand shaking. 

"T-That's my mom." I said, as she yelled something towards the worker, storming out.

But not before noticing me.