chapter 2: the calm before the party.

Let the music play on,

Everybody sing, everybody dance,

Lose yourself in wild romance, we're going to party!

The next morning I wake up at ten. I have a lot to do before my party starts later at eight so I should really get going. 

I grab my phone to call an Uber and as I'm doing that, I quickly go through a bunch of birthday messages, searching for the ones that matter most - not to sound like a bitch, but by this I mean messages from my friends and not the people who are generally borderline horrible and intrusive but want to attend my party regardless.

My best friends are sending the cheesiest of messages to our group chat because they know just how awkward I think birthday calls are, some other friends are posting photos of us in their instagram story... You know... the usual. 

And then there's the rest.

To be honest, just come to the damn party. We don't need to act like we are besties. We really don't.

Damn. I almost feel like Rihanna. With the amount of people who want to come to this party just because. It's really not that deep. Anyways.

Another circumstance I've related to Rihanna in the past was when she said "sex with me so amazing"... Yeah that one really hit home.

I'm joking. Or am I? 

I'll shut up.

I try to find something from my parents but I don't. 

Did they forget about my birthday? Did my mom forget the pain she was in 17 years ago today? I don't think that's possible... They wouldn't, would they?

I make my way to the kitchen to drink a glass of water and eat some of the pizza left from last night.

I love to start my 17th year of life with good eating habits.

I go back to my room and just throw some black denim skirt, white tank top and Air Force 1s on. My go-to-outfit for sure. I apply just a tiny bit of concealer and some lip balm (like a true wattpad girl, lmao) and put my hair into a bun. Here goes nothing.

I make my way to my first spot of the day: my stylist. Boujee, I'm aware.

This bitch is bad and boujee. 

Migos wrote that song about me. It's true.

It's time for me to do the last fitting for my birthday outfit.

One would think I'm getting married by the about of fittings I've had for this damn dress. 

It took us a minute to find the exact fabric without it being too uncomfortable or cheap looking.

But the minute I try it on and it is exactly what I wanted it to be, a smile washes over my face. This is going great so far, hell yeah.

A short bodycon dress made of red vinyl. For shoes, I have some my Demonia platforms and I have my ice to spice up the outfit, specifically my diamond necklace with my name on it, Sky, if you don't remember, and a tiny tiara. 

I'm unsure if I'm actually going to wear the tiara. It may be a bit extra... We'll see.

I feel like an R-Rated Disney Princess. Very on brand, very aesthetic. Love that for me.