chapter 13: low key.

Yeah we don't know how to talk,

But damn, we know how to fuck.

"Okay so, thanks for that, really." I say as we enter my room closing the door behind me and we both sit on the bed.

"It's okay Sky... well, no, it's not, who am I kidding? That was traumatising and I'll need some explanation." Lucas says.

I really didn't want anyone to know about me and Noah just now. I hate it when people know a lot about my life, and I really think most people know too much. And the fact that I'm about to explain to my older brother that this guy he caught me in bed with is my brand new "fuck buddy" is weird.

"Okay, of course, hm, I get it. Explanations... right!"

"Cut the bullshit. Simply say it." 

As if it's that easy, Lucas.

"Okay. That pretty boy you saw with me just a few minutes ago is Noah."

"Yeah, that I know."

"I met him at my birthday party and we spent the entire time there together, and it was so great. We got along really good. Like really fucking good. Lucas, wow." I say smiling wide. There's something about Noah that always makes me smile.

"So I'm guessing you've been hooking up ever since?"

"Hm, no, not really... Well, we did at the party. Then we did today. But in the days in between there was nothing." I confess.

"Because you didn't want to, you didn't have time, what?" He asks me.

"So he just moved from London, and I never thought I'd ever see him again, because how unlikely is it in a city of four million people... but then Friday we met again because he is going to our school too!"

"Aw, what a modern day fairytale, that's cute." His voice purposely nasally. 

Isn't it? I know!

"Well, yeah, but ew no. I don't do fairy tales..." I say meaning it. Kinda.

"One day you'll find someone you'll want to do fairytales with. Who knows? Maybe with this Noah person." He can't be serious.

Me? Fairytales? Hahaha.

"No, Lucas, so not! My God!" I say bursting into laughter.

"Sure Sky, but please, go in with your story." He says laughing to himself as if not believing me.

Okay, Lucas, don't believe me? You'll just see.

"I mean, not much." I try to sound like it ain't a big deal. 

"We just met again, made out in behind the bleachers, I missed the cheerleading performance, we promised to meet again after the game, I couldn't because mom and dad grounded me, I've been locked here since Friday. Then yesterday I was looking for Brook just to find him outside playing basketball with Campbell and Noah, out of all the people in the fucking planet, so I pretended I didn't know him because I don't want anyone to know about us for some reason, but then I had to talk to Campbell so we left and then Noah got pissed and left and then Campbell kissed me because... yeah. Because. And him and Jorja broke up because that shit head cheated and a bunch of other ugly shit that somehow involves me so now she hates me, and Noah was also feeling bad because I was a dumbass so I felt bad for being a dumbass, got his number from Brooklyn, texted him, he came here, I managed a way of sneaking him in, we argued, we solved our problems through fucking, we decided to become fuck buddies, you caught us, he left, we made up a story for mom and dad and here we are." I say faster than most people would say a twenty word sentence.