chapter 15: cigarettes after sex.

Touch me with a kiss,

Feel me on your lips, 'cause

This is where I want to be,

Where it's so sweet and heavenly.

I put the address Noah sent me on my phone's gps and drive there.

But wait a second. This is in Santa Monica. I thought he lived in Calabasas.

He better not be fucking with me, I swear I'll kill him if he is making me drive around in circles at 1:30 in the morning.

I get that maybe he is mad... well, I don't really get why, but even if he is... he wouldn't make me drive in circles at this hour... He wouldn't do that shit. He'd have to be very childish and mean to do so.

And he isn't like that.

I eventually arrive at a beautiful mansion right next to the beach, full of windows with lights coming through.

He better have two houses, I swear to God.

I text him from the car saying I'm outside and one minute later I see him, wet haired, shirtless in grey sweatpants coming outside.

Oh, this motherfucker is stupid hot.

This really is his house too.

I quickly park and get out of the car, bringing the few things I brought with me.

Hi?

"Let's go inside." He says dryly grabbing my bag and making his way inside so I follow right behind.

The house is so pretty. It's so modern but it has a beachy feel to it.

We go straight to his room. The windows occupy one of the walls and it has a view to the sea, wow. There's a big king size bed and everything is very dark... almost all black.

"I've been living here for a week so don't mind if it doesn't look too put together." He explains himself.

"It looks incredible actually. Very tasteful and minimalistic." I say meaning it. This kind of decoration is one of my favourites. "Where are we exactly Noah?"

"Hm, my house?" He says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Hm, I may have been a little drunk but I can recall you telling me you came to my birthday party because you heard the noise from your house, so that's a good ear you got there." I say.

He gives me a little laugh. "Yeah, no, that's my dad's house. This is my mom's. My actual house." So his parents are divorced.

"Oh, I get it, okay." I say unsure of what else to say.

I hate the way he is not acting all bubbly, teasing me and being adorable like he usually does.

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

I won't admit it, but that kinda hurt me a little. I don't even know why. I just wanted that moment with him. I was pretty sure he would make me drive with him and pick my car from school tomorrow. I was going to argue on it but eventually give up. We could learn about each other's taste in music on the way home. I could blow him at the gas station. It could be a whole thing. We could've had such a nice time. But he just left and I'd like to know why.

"Why would I stay? You would avoid me either way." He says looking away.

Of course. Oh, no.

But that's what I thought.