chapter 14: swear?

He be acting so prideful, stop,

She be acting so prideful, stop

Wake up, make up, repeat.

"I really don't think this is a necessary conversation!" I say laying in Lucas's bed dressed in my grey sweatpants and a white tank top. I'm still wearing this because I've been finishing up my schoolwork today. But I'm finally done. 

Today is Friday, game day and the last day of me being under house arrest.

"Yeah, she is right!" Brook agrees with me while sitting in Lucas's bed.

"Shut up, children!" Lucas tells both of us. "You've both come to me saying things about one another and as I'm in no place to talk about your lives, and break the trust of my beloved siblings, I figured it would be best if we just sat all together and you both talked."

This is extremely unnecessary.

"I mean you're kinda breaking our trust by saying that we've been telling you things." I say.

"It's for the greater good." Lucas quickly responds. Sure. "Now, Sky, do you have something to say? Something to tell or ask Brook?" 

You know what, might as well.

I really want to know.

I've talked to Lucas about this because it's been in my head. Brook keeps going out to dates, so I have that feeling. And I wish he would tell me. But Lucas did not have to come it between though. Basically: do I want to know? yes. do I think this is the best way to find out? no.

"Are you dating someone?" I ask him.

"No." That was lifeless.

"Aren't you really? Dating someone and not wanting to tell me who?" 

I've been having this feeling for a week now. He's been acting weird.

"No, of course not." He says calmly.

"Swear?"

"Hm, I mean, don't you think you'd be the first person I'd tell if I was dating someone." He says.

I mean...

"Well, you haven't been telling me who is the girl you've been constantly going out with lately!" I tell him.

"Hm, uh, it's not even the same girl. Yeah, it's been different girls each time..." he says.

Oh.

"Oh, okay then. I'm sorry for making assumptions."

"You really don't need to apologize sister." He says and smiles lightly.

"Hm, okay... That was good enough, I'm guessing." Lucas says and looks at Brook. 

"Now, Brook, do you want to say or ask Sky anything?"

"Yeah..." He says. "Are you with Noah?"

Please, don't-

"No, I'm with you and Lucas." I say like a smart ass in hopes to let this entire conversation slide.

"Ha, ha. Funny. Are you fucking Noah?" He reiterates.

Oh God no! 

No! 

But how does he know? My God! 

He really just knows me incredibly well, doesn't he? I knew he was looking at us weird yesterday. Plus me asking for his phone number and everything. Of course he'd suspect. But Jesus. He is so great, and that's why he doesn't deserve me to lie to him. Not after he just told me the whole truth. But I guess as bad as that makes me feel, I can't tell him the truth.