chapter 16: malibu.

Sometimes I get so scared of what I can't understand,

But here I am, next to you,

The sky is more blue in Malibu.

"You know that I've been knowing where we're going for 20 miles now, right?" I say laughing.

"What, how?" He asks with a confused expression while looking at me.

Cute little munchkin.

We woke up today at eleven in the morning and Noah decided we should do something, so he is trying to surprise me. His mom was still asleep, so there were no awkward encounters.

I'll gladly spend as much time as I can with him, I love his company so so much, and since my parents told me I'd have to be home by dinner, that leaves us the rest of the day to have fun.

I'm so happy right now... something about him... I don't understand how or what or why but it just makes me so happy. It's one of those feelings that feel like flying. And you just don't know why.

But just like Noah said yesterday, nothing really matters, not our problems, not our stories, not the whys and the hows. It matters that we're here, we're present and we're having a nice time, so we better enjoy it while it lasts.

"I know the roads of California. Plus I can read. We're going to Malibu. Nice choice." I smile pointing at his nose with my finger jokingly.

"Fuck you. I was trying to surprise you!"

Fuck me? Don't tempt me.

"You failed but I appreciate the thought, lover."

Did I just say "lover"?

Someone make me shut up, I'm deadass.

Noah turns his eyes away from the road for a second as if to make sure the words actually left my mouth.

I don't understand it either, brother.

"But you don't know where in Malibu I'm taking you." He says after a few seconds with a cocky tone and smile, as if wanting to have the last word.

"Yeah, duh. I'm well informed, not God." I say and we both laugh.

"It's one of my favorite places in Cali."

Really?

"How can you have favorite places? You've been here for 2 something weeks." I say.

"I've been coming here to visit my dad every now and then through the last years..." makes sense.

"So we could've met before." I smile wide and put my hand on his leg.

"Yeah, awful, right? Thank God we didn't." He says and we both burst into laughter.

This motherfucker...

We arrive at this little restaurant in the beach and decide to play fancy and eat lobster, making fun of the rest of the people there. 

Don't worry, they didn't notice. They're too pretentious to care.

"Do you even like it?" I ask him.

"I don't hate it." He replies shoving another piece to his mouth.

"Sick." We laugh and eat the expensive food.

Later on we go to a vintage store and get new clothes. Matching clothes. Floral yellow baggy shorts with an open same pattern shirt. We were both already wearing Nike Air Force 1 so we look adorable at this point. Not to suck our own dick.