chapter 18: bad liars.

You told me I could trust you, don't lie,

I could really use it.

I wasn't always the way I am today.

Back when I was a little kid, I used to be super shy. I wouldn't talk to any kids from my school. Wouldn't play with them. Nothing. My only friends were my brothers.

I was so scared of people. I don't know why. 

Truth is I remember very little of my life back then. It's almost like it's a missing piece of my story, only with a few flashes every now and then, but from what I can recall, that's how it was.

And then I turned 6. Met Violet and my life changed. She made me confident, comfortable with showing the world who I really was. And that changed it for me. It changed everything. I started connecting with people. Becoming more and more confident.

It was a progress but she definitely changed my life.

So today, I'm me, and it's all thanks to her. The love of my life. My sister. My ride or die.

See... that's why I can't wrap my mind around the fact that she is avoiding me, lying... and I decided, throughout this sleepless night, that I'm not letting that hurt me before I know the facts. 

I'm sure I may be just overreacting. Maybe it's nothing much.

Noah is trying to convince me that I am.

I'll meet her tomorrow hopefully. Since I tried today but couldn't and plus, I need to drop Lucas at the airport later today.

Today is Sunday, and I just woke up around 12 a.m. My parents left for the Sunday church service and I don't think they'll be home in the next few hours. I wanted to go so I could spend some family time with them but I was so tired so I just stayed home sleeping.

I got dressed in a simple grey T-shirt dress and some old school black vans with white socks and went for a scooter ride around the block. Then, when I came back home, me and Lucas left to meet Brook at a restaurant in downtown L.A so we could have one last lunch together before he goes back to New York.

Brook is acting so weird after the night at "his friend's house". I don't know what's up but he is just looking at me weird.

Did the girl... oh, I'm sorry, "his friend"... not give him what he wanted?

I don't know... I hope not? I guess?

We go back home and chill for a bit with our parents before they leave for the next four days to Australia. My dad is having concerts there soon so my mom is going with him just to? Arrange some stuff? I'm not really sure.

Once they leave and say goodbye to Lucas, the three of us leave the house to go to In-N-Out to go get some milkshakes.

"Yeah, I'd like a vanilla milkshake please. And some fries." I say to the In-N-Out girl that is taking our order.

"Noah asked for that exactly the other day we came here." Brook says.

Hm, what the fuck? 

Why is Noah always a topic of conversation? And why is Brook looking at me like this?

"Hm, cool? Do you hang out with him often?" I ask as if I don't know.

"Yeah, somewhat often... he is a pretty cool... Don't you agree?" He asks.

I do agree.

"I guess? I don't know him, but he seems nice." I say instead.

Lies.