chapter 21: violet.

As I feel my life is better,

So is the world we're living in,

I'm thankful for the time I spent,

With my best friend.

"You're the worst nail painter in the planet." Noah tells me sounding like a little kid.

After a silent ride home, he is acting 100% normal now.

For one I'm grateful because I obviously don't like it when I don't feel like he is feeling his best, but also I want to know more about why he was like that in the first place.

Don't really feel like letting that slide.

"I never claimed otherwise, did I?" I say faking my annoyance as I paint the last nail black. "There you go, want better, pay for it."

And now she is all over me, it's like I pay for it, it's like I pay for it, I'm gonna pay for this.

Sorry, can't help myself.

"Pay you?" He asks with a smirk. "I can think about a couple ways of paying you and none envolve money." He starts leaning into me but I back off.

Oh no no, sweet cheeks.

"You aren't seriously going to ruin my hard work. Let that dry first." I say jumping from the floor and sitting on the edge of his bed.

He gives me a pout and then turns and sits in front of me, still on the floor, smiling as wide as possible. 

That cheeky, dimply side of him is something else entirely.

"You know, we can still make this work with a perfect manicure." 

What? 

"Your underwear. Off." 

Oh my God. 

Smirky is seriously trying to get a taste without ruining his manicure. Not that I wouldn't love that... but I want to talk to him.

"Noah, hm, I don't think..."

"Listen, I wanted to take that off myself too. We're just working with what we got. Stop procrastinating." He smiles. "How long does it take for this thing to dry anyway?"

"Enough for us to talk." I say crossing my legs. 

You keep that magic tongue inside your mouth and I keep my legs closed for a little while longer.

He looks at me a little disappointed and I slide to the floor to sit in front of him again, still cross legged.

"What happened at the cabaret?"

"What exactly are we talking about?" He asks.

Right, play dumb, pretty boy.

"When your mom brought up you singing, you started acting weird. Am I wrong?"

"Yeah, you are, actually. I was okay." He quickly answers.

Yeah, and I'm Mariah Carey.

"Hm? Okay. Then tell me more about your singing."

"You tell me more about your singing."

Of course.

"Exactly! You know how uncomfortable I am with that subject and you are too. You can admit it, Noah. It's okay to be vulnerable. You can be 100% you when you're with me." I say putting my hand on his cheek.