Hongjoong

Hongjoong snarled as he bit down on the other wolf. It was a fight for survival, and he had to do everything he could to help his pack win. He could taste the blood running down his throat as the life drained from the small grey wolf in his jaws.

He released it and spun around, swiping at another wolf who came running at him, feeling the bones break in her jaw.

Blood matted his black and brown coat and he felt exhausted, but he couldn't give up. He needed to fight for his pack. The head alpha had commanded it. They needed to destroy the other pack to bring peace to their land again.

A howl came from the back of the battlefield. Hongjoong felt pain in his shoulder, but there were no wolves attacking him.

No! He screamed through his mind link. Even though it hurt him physically to disobey his head alpha, Hongjoong ran away from the battle and into the woods where the non-fighters of the pack were hiding.

Howls and cries could be heard. They had been ambushed.

Omega's and Beta's are under attack. Hongjoong called out to the rest of his pack, but he got no response.

His senses drew him straight to a grey and tan wolf that had been backed into a tree. His hackles were raised and he was snarling, but Hongjoong could sense the fear rolling off him. The alpha lunged at the attacking wolf and they rolled through underbrush, yelping as they hit the ground.

But he was quick to get back on his feet, planting himself between the enemy and the grey wolf. The attacker, a female brown alpha, snarled at him and tried to use her alpha pheromones to scare him.

Hongjoong just laughed and straightened his legs, towering over her. He snarled, a deep, echoing alpha snarl. He could feel the wolf behind him cower in submission out of instinct, but he couldn't back down. The female tried to fight back, but Hongjoong was too strong. She bowed her head and he jumped forward, capturing her neck in his jaws and squeezing.

She cried out in pain and twisted in his jaw, freeing herself. She snapped at him, digging her teeth into his nose, leaving a large scratch. Hongjoong yelped and stumbled back. She was on him in an instant, pinning him to the ground and pressing one of her paws to his throat.

Hongjoong tried to flip over to throw her off, but she used her weight to keep him pinned.

Hongjoong! The grey wolf cried out, flying at the female and barreling into her side. The rolled away, allowing Hongjoong to push himself off the ground.

He ran over to the beta and whimpered, nudging him with his nose. The beta licked him in response, then flinched away as the female walked back over to them.

She had a hungry look in her eyes. Hongjoong planted himself in front of the beta and growled, feeling his fur stand on end.

They were at each other instantly, rearing up on their back legs, jaws snapping constantly.

The beta ran up and nipped at the female's back legs, making her fall to the side. Hongjoong descended on her, locking his jaw around her throat again. This time, instead of squeezing, he yanked his head to the side, taking a chunk of her with him.

He spat it out and licked his lips, watching her for a few seconds before folding his ears back and going over to the beta to nuzzle him

Are you ok? He whined, licking the beta's face.

Yes, are you? Did she hurt you? The beta sniffed his nose and let out a small whimper.

I'll be ok. I should get back... Hongjoong hesitated. His ears swiveled to where the battle was taking place and heard... Nothing. He pushed out, looking for any of the other pack members to link with. He found only emptiness. The pack...

I feel it too... The beta leaned into him and followed his gaze.

Their pack was gone.