15

San stretched as he sat up. He wasn't used to sleeping on a rock floor so his muscles felt stiff.

Yunho had convinced Jongho to let him stay for a couple of days so he could rest. San appreciated the gesture, especially because, for the first time in his life, he was drawn to another wolf.

He had told himself for years now that he didn't need anyone else in his life, that all he needed was to survive and take care of himself. And yet... The first time he saw, no, scented the small omega, it was like reality had slapped him in the face.

And then it punched him in the gut when he came back from hunting to find out that he was now freshly mated with the other alpha.

It surprised him in more way than one too. Maybe it was because he never had a pack, but he had never heard of an alpha being able to mate with more than one wolf. He had heard of claiming more than one wolf, but mating? No. Plus, he realized the hunt had basically been used as a distraction since Wooyoung hadn't been claimed when he got there.

He gritted his teeth as he looked over at the sleeping pack. It was obvious that they had been close before everything had happened. They looked so comfortable laying together with Wooyoung wedged in the middle. Something must have happened to the omega for the other two to feel the need to protect him like this.

San sighed and went to the edge of the cave to get a drink. He needed to decide what he wanted to do. The other alpha was obviously stronger than him, so there was no point in challenging him, but did he really want to join a pack just to stay close to an omega that had mated with someone else?

Yes. His heart instantly told him yes.

Sighing again, he ran his hands through his hair and sat at the edge of the cave so he could let his feet dangle in the water.

What the hell was wrong with him?

"Hey."

San turned to see Yunho walking over to him, running a hand through his fluffy brown hair. He plopped down and stuck his feet in the water too.

"Morning." San smiled at him. He liked the beta. He had a good aura around him.

"So."

"So." San looked at the waterfall.

"What's your plan?" Yunho asked, leaning back on his hands. "Are you going to head back out on your own?"

"I don't know. I haven't decided yet."

"I get it. I was by myself for a while too."

"You were?" San turned to him and tilted his head. Yunho didn't seem like the kind of wolf that liked to be alone. He was too sweet and caring.

"Yeah, I didn't agree with the morals of my pack. So I left."

"Wow. That's impressive."

"You're more impressive. Not many pups could survive on their own like you did." Yunho nudged his shoulder and chuckled. "But we aren't meant to be alone forever."

San chewed on the inside of his cheek. Yunho had voiced his inner thoughts perfectly.

"I'm sure you could stay with us, if you wanted to."

"I don't think Jongho likes me very much."

Yunho chuckled and they both looked to the back of the cave to see Wooyoung shift and Jongho tighten his arms around the omega, pulling him closer. "He has a good heart. I'll talk to him."

San's eyes lingered on the sleeping omega's face. How could someone look so perfect, even while sleeping? His heart beat faster. Then he felt Yunho start to fidget next to him and he quickly turned away.