53

Mingi held Seonghwa close to him as they waited with the Colonel behind the barrier they had set up. He felt guilty for not being in the fortress to help with the fighting, but Seonghwa refused to let him leave.

He could hear the brief snippets coming from his pack, but he had yet to hear from San...

When his father made his appearance, Mingi tried yet again to leave, but Seonghwa wouldn't let go of him. He even started crying a little bit. The alpha knew his face scrunched up in pain, but he couldn't bring himself to leave Seonghwa alone when he was in this state.

Seonghwa pressed himself further into Mingi's chest when both Jongho and Yunho started calling for Wooyoung to stop.

What was going on in there?

If he didn't have his trembling omega in his arms, Mingi knew he would be shaking like crazy right now.

Colonel Gregson said nothing as they stood there. The fighting was starting to die off and more and more wolves were running into the forest. A group of pregnant omegas and betas were being cared for by some of the Hunter medics. Both sides were wary of the contact, but Mingi felt the most discomfort coming from the humans when they say that some of the pregnant ones were males.

Thankfully no one said anything out loud.

Suddenly, both he and Seonghwa looked back and the fortress. They could both sense that something was wrong.

And it wasn't because it was suddenly silent in front of them.

Colonel Gregson called for a truck and they made their way through the front gates. Mingi and Seonghwa jumped down immediately and ran through the front doors.

They both gasped when they saw all the wolf bodies on the floor. His omega covered his mouth and turned around, shaking his head while also placing a hand protectively on his stomach.

"Please, wait outside love." Mingi said, kissing the side of his head.

Seonghwa nodded and hurried back out, still covering his mouth.

Mingi cringed and turned back around.

His heart dropped when he looked at the back of the room and saw part of his pack running for a large black wolf laying by his throne...

.

.

.

.

San forced himself to shift immediately, even though it hurt like crazy to feel his broken bones moving and resettling inside him.

He was running before he had even finished.

Images of Alistar lunging for Wooyoung, and his omega standing his ground like that kept flashing in his mind. And then when they collided... And didn't get up...

Jongho and Yunho had shifted as well and all three of them reached Alistar at the same time. They were prepared for him to attack, but there was no movement.

"On three!" Jongho shouted. They picked a side and the three of them shoved the body, forcing him to roll onto his side.

San let out a strangled cry when Wooyoung was revealed. His body was limp and blood was seeping from his hands. "Wooyoung!" He screamed and fell to his knees, pulling his omega into his lap. "Wooyoung please... Please wake up..." San leaned forward so his ear was close to the other's mouth.

He waited.

Yunho sobbed behind him.

Someone walked up behind him and stopped by the alpha's body.