58

Besides the injury San had obtained from the hunt, it actually ended up being very successful. Hongjoong and Mingi had gotten three perfect pelts and a good amount of meat to sell, minus what they needed.

Seonghwa made sure that they had left enough behind for the others to eat while he, Hongjoong, and Mingi drove to the nearest settlement.

Hongjoong carried the coolers of meat into the local store while Seonghwa followed Mingi to a leatherworker. He was an older kind beta who introduces himself as Kenneth. "What brings you in today gentlemen?"

"I was actually hoping you'd be interested in buying some deer pelts off us." Mingi said, setting them down on his counter.

"Oh! Well I must say this is an unusual request. But let me take a look." Kenneth first looked at the three pelts, but as he started to unroll one, he glanced up and saw Seonghwa. "Oh!" He clasped his hands in front of his chest and a bright smile crossed his face.

Seonghwa immediately blushed and took a step back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. It's just been a long time since there has been a pup around here. With it being a settlement, not a lot of families settle down. Do you leave near here?"

Mingi nodded hesitantly and glanced back at Seonghwa. "We moved here a couple months ago. We were... Um... Indisposed for a time so we just came back."

"Oh Maria will be so happy to see then when she gets back. Have you found a midwife yet?" Kenneth tilted his head.

"No, actually." Seonghwa said softly, peeking out from around Mingi's shoulder.

Kenneth let out a squeal, surprising for an older man, and clapped his hands. "Even better."

Seonghwa reached for Mingi's hand and held it tight. He didn't quite know what to think of the man. He seemed kind and genuine, but his sudden outburst of energy was a little off-putting. Mingi squeezed his hand, but never looked away from the beta.

"Now while we wait for her, let me take a look at these pelts." The beta hummed to himself as he placed some glasses on his nose and unrolled the pelts. He measured, weighed, and inspected them thoroughly. "I'm impressed. Did you skin the beasts yourself?" He peered over the rim of his glasses.

"My alpha and I did, yes."

"Your... Alpha?" Kenneth tapped his lips with his finger. "You have a pack?"

Mingi tensed a little. "Yes. There are eight of us, soon to be ten. One of our betas is pregnant as well." He said slowly, watching as the beta absorbed the information.

"You are definitely in need of some help then I'd say." The old man gave them a kind smile. "I'll tell you what, I'll give you $100 per pelt, and I'll keep buying them from you if they are this quality. That's about all I can afford, but I'll never turn you down. I'd also like you to wait to speak with Maria. She is very talented and has been longing to be around some pups for a long time now. Deal?" Kenneth held out his hand.

Mingi looked back and Seonghwa. The omega took a shaky breath, placed a hand on his stomach, and then nodded.

His alpha shook Kenneth's hand, causing the man to smile brightly again.

Hongjoong, how is it going? Mingi asked as he and Seonghwa moved to the corner of the room. There were small display cases of some of Kenneth's more detailed work like wallets and belts. Seonghwa was actually really impressed at the craftsmanship.

Almost done. You?

We have finished. Come meet us. We are waiting to meet a potential midwife and you should be here.