60

San sighed as he studied his sleeping mate. It had been a long night for everyone in the house. Once they got confirmation that Avayla was born, Jongho had forced Yunho to go to bed. Hongjoong had waited for Yeosang to finish up with Seonghwa before they too went to their room.

Wooyoung had been so distant during the labor. San knew exactly why, but he didn't know what to do about it.

No one else seemed to fully pick up on it either. His omega was so good at smiling when he needed to and laughing with the others.

But San knew his heart was breaking and he was heading back down the path of being broken.

Wooyoung didn't know it, but San had found Lizbeth's book, so he knew exactly what had sent Wooyoung down this path again.

The missing pages had opened a glaring hole in their life. And they didn't even know if the missing pages were what was needed to heal him or not.

He knew that his mate wanted nothing more than to talk to Lizbeth again too. San still couldn't believe she had given her life for Wooyoung's. He sent her a silent thank you every night.

San sighed again and kissed the top of Wooyoung's head as he pulled him closer.

He had one thought of what might make his omega feel better. But he didn't like it.

The next morning, he felt Wooyoung stirring in bed. San tightened his grip and pulled him closer, earning a happy moan from him. "Sannie..." He murmured.

God San loved his morning voice. It was so small and precious. "Good morning." He whispered.

"Mmmm sleepy..." Wooyoung nuzzled into his alpha's chest.

San's wolf purred at the contact and he placed his lips against the top of Wooyoung's head. "So then sleep." He wrapped his legs around his omega's, locking him in place and ran a hand down his back.

Just as he started to drift off too, the sound of a baby crying broke the peace.

He tried to keep himself from laughing. That was a sound they were going to have to get used to.

They both shifted and he could feel Wooyoung's energy change. He watched as the younger pushed himself out of bed and stretched before slipping behind a wide smile. "Do you think they'll let us meet her now?"

"Do you want to go see?" San asked, wanting to give him the option to say no.

He didn't, of course, so they both walked into the living room holding hands. The others were there and waiting already. Jongho smiled at the couple and held out his hand. Wooyoung went over and took it, moving to stand behind Yunho, who leaned his read back to rest against the omega's stomach.

The baby could be heard crying down the hall. After a few minutes, it got quiet and they heard the door open.

Seonghwa walked out carrying a small bundle and Mingi was right behind him. They were both glowing as they looked down at their daughter.

Yeosang was bouncing up and down and clapping quietly, while Yunho was trying to straighten out to get a better look. A hand from Jongho kept him in his seat though.

The new parents walked into the living room and beamed at their pack as Seonghwa took a seat on the couch next to Yunho.

"Everyone," He said softly, smiling down at his baby. "I'd like you to meet Avayla."

The six of them shifted a little closer. San kept Wooyoung's hand in his as they peered over the omega's shoulder and he felt his heart melt.

Large, curious, blue eyes stared back at them as she tried to process all these new faces looking at her.