16

The group of four traveled without rest through the night. The Hunter's scent was still too close for them to feel comfortable.

They did their best to stay away from any paths and tried not to touch any of the trees or bushes, but their fear made their scent stronger. And the major problem they had was that they didn't know the area.

San was the only one who had any experience picking his way through unknown territories, so he led the way most of the time. But as the sun started to rise, their pace started to slow down.

"Jongho, I don't know how much longer we can keep this up." Yunho said as he started to drag his feet.

It had been almost 24 hours since any of them had slept.

"I know." The alpha sighed, turning to look at his two mates. Yunho could barely keep his eyes open as he held Wooyoung's hand so that they didn't get separated. "San?"

The other alpha stopped and turned around. He ran his hand through his hair and bit his lip. "We might be able stop for an hour or so, but one of us should keep watch."

"I can do that." Jongho dragged his hand over his face. "We should find a more sheltered place though. Can you two last a little longer?"

They both nodded and Wooyoung started walking again, pulling Yunho behind him.

Both alpha's smiled and they started to pick their way through the trees.

Eventually the came across a small collection of boulders jutting out of the ground. San trotted over to it and checked out the area. It smelled clean of any wolves and would provide some cover for them. He turned around and waved the other three over, a bright smile on his face.

"Let's stop here!"

The others ducked into the alcove and Yunho immediately sank down with his back against one of the boulders. Jongho came to his side and cupped his face. "What do you need?" He asked, kissing his forehead.

Yunho hummed and wrapped his arms around the alpha. "I just need to rest." He nuzzled his nose against Jongho's mark, letting the comfort that came from it wash over him before moving to lay down on his side.

Jongho rubbed his head for a moment, smiling down at the already sleeping beta. He looked so cute with his mouth slightly open and his hand curled up by his head.

Then he heard Wooyoung give off a small whine as he crawled up next to Yunho. The taller opened his arms and pulled Wooyoung into his embrace. The younger turned so his back was to the beta. Jongho chuckled and leaned forward to kiss the omega. "Get some rest you two."

He stood and stifled a yawn. San was sitting off to the side, very obviously trying to look anywhere else but at the exchange that just happened.

"You need to get some sleep too. Like I said, I'll keep first watch. If I don't sense any danger, I'll wake you up so you can watch for a little bit and they can keep resting. Deal?"

"Sounds good." San said as he nodded a couple of times. "Just stay alert, and if there is anything that feels off, we need to leave immediately."

Jongho nodded and slipped out into the open and carefully pulled himself up on top of the boulders. He scented the air. The Hunter's scent was faint. They had time.

Down below, San ran his tongue over his teeth a few times before he rolled on his side to look at his sleeping pack members. Yunho's arm was wrapped around Wooyoung's stomach. The omega's hand was stretched out in front of him.

Not knowing what came over him, San adjusted himself so he was mirroring the omega, his arm stretched out and he moved just close enough so their fingers brushed together. San smiled as his wolf purred at the contact before he drifted off as well.