3

"Wooyoung! Please, wake up." Yunho sobbed, twisting his fingers in the soft fur. He leaned forward and listened for a heartbeat. It was weak, but that was all he needed. "Jongho, please, we need to help him."

The alpha shifted and quickly dressed before kneeling next to the omega. "Who is this?" He asked, watching Yunho dress himself in his pants.

"Wooyoung. He's from my old pack." Yunho's face scrunched up in pain as he examined the wounds on the wolf. His paw pads were ripped open and bleeding.

"Did he leave too?" Jongho placed a hand his beta's back.

"I doubt it..."

Jongho left the questions that came from this statement alone and moved to pick the omega up, slinging him over his shoulders. Yunho went to help, but Jongho just grunted and shook his head. "Just lead me back."

He watched his beta's feet to give him a sense of direction as they hurried back to the cave. They both had to hold the wolf as they swam through the water and pulled him into the cave.

Jongho noticed Yunho was shivering as he rubbed his bare arms. "I guess we need to look at getting you a new shirt." He said, a slight smirk coming to his face as he wrapped his arms around him. The beta chuckled and rubbed his nose against the mark on Jongho's neck before turning back to Wooyoung.

"We need other supplies too. A fire would be nice. And blankets. I feel like this is a safe place to stay for now."

Jongho bit his lip. "I can go try and find us somethings, will you be ok here by yourself?" He felt uneasy about leaving his mate alone so soon, but he knew the beta spoke the truth.

Yunho showed his worry too as he turned to Jongho. "Yes. I won't leave." He leaned forward and connected their lips. "Please hurry." He whispered.

"I will." Jongho kissed him one more time and shifted before running through the waterfall.

Yunho shook, both from being cold and from feeling his alpha travel farther away from him. He gritted his teeth and started to drag Wooyoung away from the waterfall and to the back of the cave. Then he shifted as well and curled around the smaller wolf, hoping the body heat would warm both of them up.

.

.

.

.

Jongho ran as fast as he could, following the scent of humans he had picked up on while avoiding any wolves he sensed. He knew he was a strong alpha, so he hoped they would give him the respect he deserved and avoid him as well.

When he got to the human city, he shifted and quickly dressed. He had to play this out right as he had no money... Stealing didn't sit right with him, but these were desperate times.

He kept his senses on high alert as he made his way into the city and looked for some kind of market. When he found one, he sighed in relief. It would be easier for him to steal if there were a lot of people crowded around him.

Jongho took a deep breath and worked to get himself lost in the mess of humans. He walked by a booth that had bags and quickly snatched one without stopping. His heart pounded, waiting for someone to yell at him and tell him to stop.

He could feel his wolf stirring inside him, telling him to stay calm and that he needed to do this to protect his mate. This gave him the strength to keep going.

As the day went on, he managed to grab a few shirts, some matches, a first aid kit, some food, and he even got a couple of smaller blankets. Those were the only things that didn't fit in the bag, so he rolled them up when he made it to the edge of town again and carried everything in his jaws as he ran back.