26

When Yunho woke up he instantly knew something was wrong. He couldn't remember what had happened, but he could sense other wolves and they seemed... off.

He was in the corner of some enclosure. High metal fencing surrounded it, making it impossible to jump out, but he could climb out. And he was just about to when he scented the wolves again. Some were standing off to the side, watching him curiously.

They were... small and cautious. Then in snapped. They were wild. They weren't like him.

He stood, seeing some of them flinch and shuffle away, and looked around. It was obvious he was still in the forest somewhere, but it was all unfamiliar to him.

Then his head snapped to the side as he smelled something new.

Lavender.

Wooyoung! He called out and ran to the scent.

Y-Y-Yunho! Help me!

I'm coming! Yunho sped up, running as fast as his long legs would take him. Any other wolf he came across leapt to the side, fearing him for his size.

He heard the omega whimper and drifted around a mound of boulders only to find him pinned against the fence by three wolves. They were bigger than the others he had already seen, but still smaller than Yunho. He ran forward, letting a snarl rip from his throat.

The three wolves turned around and scurried away. He slowed to check Wooyoung out, scanning him for injuries. The omega whimpered and shoved his head into Yunho's neck. Where are we? What's going on? Where is Jongho and San?

Sshh, Youngie. It's ok. I'm trying to figure that out. Do you remember anything?

Just Seonghwa telling us to run. Wooyoung said, pressing his entire body into Yunho's.

The sound of metal squeaking caused them to jump and Yunho immediately moved to hide Wooyoung behind him. He watched as humans walked into the enclosure holding what appeared to be buckets of food.

We must be in some kind of zoo or... Maybe a sanctuary? Yunho said, observing them closely.

The humans kept their distance from the wild wolves, showing them respect, as they scattered the food across the floor. Some of the friendlier wolves approached on their own accord, however, and allowed the humans to pet them or even give them a hug.

Then one of them turned to glance at Yunho and he snarled.

"Where did they come from?" Someone asked.

"They were picked up about 100 miles north of here. I think Frank wanted to study them because of how big they are."

"That one worries me." One said, motioning to Yunho.

Good. He thought.

"Maybe we can try to separate them and we can run a DNA test. It's rare to see only two wolves together, so something must have happened to their pack."

"Hopefully they don't cause any trouble here."

Don't count on it. We need to get out of here as soon as we can Youngie.

How?

When it's nightfall, we will just shift and climb out.

But that plan didn't end up working. Guards were posted at night to keep an eye on the wolves, so they were always being watched by someone.

They got set up in a corner of the sanctuary, huddled together for comfort and warmth. Yunho tried several times to try and contact their alphas, but they must have been too far away. He had never realized there was a limit to how the mind link could reach, but he supposed that made sense now that he thought of what had happened with Wooyoung and Chan.