42

When Lizbeth woke, she realized she was in bed. Her wolf stirred instantly and it brought her to tears. She curled up into herself as if she could hug her wolf in her arms. She never wanted to feel that emptiness again.

But another emotion slammed into her and it renewed her tears.

How could she do that to the pack? How could she be so damn weak that she would reveal which direction they went?

Her wolf cowered and she got her answer... Because they used scare tactics. They had terrified her, and then tortured her to add to the pain. No one sane could have done any better.

Lizbeth went to push herself out of bed, but she cried out as her arms gave way under her. She glanced at her wrists and the ugly burns and welts there.

They had put wolfsbane in the ropes. And she was willing to bet there had been some in that collar too... Her hand drifted to her neck.

"Fucking Primera scum..." She choked out then slowly pushed through the pain so she could sit up.

Her door opened then and a few of the resident wolves rushed to her side and started fussing over her. She let them for a few minutes, knowing she needed the ointment they were applying to her hands, wrists, and neck for the wolfsbane.

But then she held her hand and stood. "Did they leave?"

"Yes, you've been out for two days..."

"What?!" Lizbeth's heart sank. "No, no, I have to go." She started walking to the door on shaky legs.

"You are still healing! And you can barely walk." Someone tried to grab her but she turned around and snapped.

"You don't understand! I betrayed them. I have to try and warn them."

"Who? Are you talking about that pack who came through here? I knew they'd bring us trouble!"

"Trouble was already going to come. You have NO idea what's been happening north of us." Lizbeth roared and all the other wolves shrank back in submission. She shook her head and forced her wolf down. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, you know I don't like doing that... But, I have sensed things..." they looked up at her, knowing what she meant. "That pack could change everything. I need to try and help them before it's too late."

Lizbeth turned and went to a jewelry chest on her dresser and pulled out two matching bracelets, much like the matching set she had with Wooyoung. She handed one to the group. "I don't care who wears it, but we can use these to find me. If your bracelet starts to glow, it will point you to me. I will not blame you if you don't come, this isn't your fight. But I have to try."

She held her head high and took a deep breath before walking into her closet to pack a bag. She just grabbed a few things she knew she would need, wanting to travel light. Then she got in her car, hissing as she twisted to put her seat belt on, then drove west.

Even though it brought on a constant headache again, she used her gift to reach out to the surrounding area, hoping to sense the pack of eight.

.

.

.

.

"Hey gorgeous." Mingi said, walking up behind Seonghwa to wrap his arms around his waist. The omega hummed in response and leaned into him, closing his eyes.

"Hey yourself. How was patrol?" Seonghwa smiled when Mingi started to rub his baby bump.

"Nothing to report." He said, his tone happy as he turned to kiss the mark on Seonghwa's neck. "How's baby?"