24

"Fuck." Mingi muttered to himself as he stood outside his bedroom door.

After the pandemonium had died down over the 'breeders' title and the other alphas went to comfort their mates, Seonghwa had stormed past him and slammed the bedroom door.

And now it was locked.

"Seonghwa, please open up." He said, leaning his head against the door. "Please?" He scratched it with his nails.

The lock clicked and he stepped inside. The omega was standing by the window, staring out it with his arms crossed.

Mingi started to move to him, but Seonghwa turned his head and glared at him, making him stop. For an omega he sure was intimidating. Mingi had to remind himself that he had been raised by all alphas.

"What can I do?" He asked quietly.

"You really think it's that simple? You told me about your past, but you leave out one of the most important details? Why did you think that would be ok?" His tone was harsh and demanding.

"Because I'm ashamed of where I came from! I thought you understood that!" Mingi said, on the verge of yelling out of frustration. "The rest of you had your lives uprooted by my back, it's hard for me to talk about it without feeling self-conscious about it. I was afraid that my dad would be the breaking point! You haven't mated with me so if you wanted to leave I'm sure you could. You're strong enough, you probably break my claim." Mingi's wolf growled, not wanting that to happen.

"Yeah. I've thought about it." Seonghwa said blatantly, turning back to the window.

Mingi felt his knees shaking at his words.

"But I won't."

Time stopped as the omega turned around to face him. His eyes were still hard, but his face had relaxed a little. "Mingi, if we are going to make this work, you need to start being honest with me and the rest of our pack. Even the others if they stay with us. The tough guy act needs to stop."

"I know. It's just all I've ever known. The alpha whispered, bowing his head. "But now... Now I'm terrified of what will happen if he comes for me. For you..."

Seonghwa walked forward and pulled him into a hug. "We will be fine. We are strong if we stick together."

"You don't understand... How do you think he was able to form the Alpha Pack?" Mingi said, hugging Seonghwa back and speaking into his shoulder. "He has this... Power. It's like he's the alpha of the alphas. He can make others bend to his will almost with a snap of his fingers. And if he were to find us... He'd add the alphas to his back and... You'd be given to whoever to so you could start giving pups. Yunho and Yeosang too... And Wooyoung, I don't even know what they would do with him..." he started to cry.

The omega held him tighter, then started to place soft, comforting kisses on the side of his neck and cheek. "It's ok. He's not here." He whispered.

Mingi clung to him, finally letting go of his wall as the fear he had pushed away of his father came crashing back on him.

Later that evening, Mingi shared his fear with the others. "I'd had to see you give up this place, Hongjoong. But they know we are here. I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure they will be back at some point. I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize. You had no idea this would happen." Hongjoong said, walking forward to place a hand on Mingi's shoulder. "We will figure this out. Together."

"This place can actually be defended pretty well." Yeosang said. "It's backed into a hills so out back will be easy to hold, and we can set up some defenses in the front if needed."