one last call

pairing: reddie

a/n: very short very sorry

"if you ever need me, i'm just a call away, i promise." richie spoke calmly. eddie's breathing calmed down. he looked up into richie's eyes, his own watering once again.

"okay" eddie smiled weakly, lying down in richie's lap. he grabbed onto richie's hand and richie, though blushing madly, said nothing.

they weren't together, but it had always been each other.

it had always been the two of them.

so they stayed there for a while, richie leaning against eddie's kitchen cabinet, the two boys on the cold, wooden floor.

"i love you..." richie mumbled as he fell asleep.

eddie, who had been awake the entire time, unable to sleep, heard the words of endearment.

unaware richie was already asleep, he squeezed richie's hand, "i love you too."

and that's how they slept, in love, together.

it should've been like that for the rest of their lives. they should have been happy together. eddie should have been happy.

or at least that's what eddie thought.

it was 1:34am, and eddie was sitting in his bathroom, senses overflowing and tears escaping him thoughtlessly. he shouldn't have still been depressed or sad or lonely. he had richie. and yet for some reason, he was in the bathroom, crying, holding a blade from a pencil sharpener in his hand, hovering above his left forearm. he shouldn't do it. he knew that. he let out a sigh and dropped the blade.

he felt nothing.

he turned to get his phone, opening it as he picked it up. he went to his contacts. richie. he clicked the phone button and put the phone up to his ear. he tapped his fingers. would richie even answer at this time? probably not. he listened as the phone was never answered, ringing just echoing in his ears. of course not.

richie pushed her further into the room. he didn't know her. her name was unknown to richie, but she kissed just fine so he didnt care. they drunkenly stumbled into the room. he felt his phone start buzzing in his back pocket, and threw it across the room gently. he smirked.

eddie cried.