email from my freshman year

pairing: none ?

to: richie of the future!

from: richie tozier

cc:

subject: it's okay

hey, buddy! how old are you now? god, i have no clue. anyway. are you sexy as fuck? i bet you are. despite, you know, the mental illness. uh, yeah. i just got diagnosed with clinical depression last week, but i'm doing okay. and there's of course the adhd. we've known about that one for a while, haven't we? yeah, it sucks. i know. but hey, listen to me. today, right now, it's a good day for me. i just talked to eddie and stanley, and i'm hanging out with beverly tomorrow. a good itinerary! exciting stuff. anyway, while i'm here in this good day, i just want you to know: it's gonna be okay. because i know that i feel great now, and what comes after now, is bad days. and that's okay. you're valid to feel all of that big man!!! but it'll be okay!!! just wait it out, man. you're gonna make it. you'll have good days. you have all the losers! they love you so much. i love you so much. i promise you, richie, you're going to make it. god, i feel like a fucking sap. anyway. hopefully you know that i'm proud of you. you're doing well. i know everything is going to get better soon. trust me. 

i love you, richie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to: richie tozier

from: your beloved future richie

cc:

subject: re: it's okay

it never got better, man. i'm not gonna make it. it doesn't get better. it's not going to. i held on for so long. so long. it's not worth it. it's been three years since my last good day, dude. i did it all right. i drank water, i ate properly, i exercised, and i took time to myself. it didn't get better. i can't dig myself out of this hole. this is where it ends. this is where it ends for me. i'm sorry. i know you're not proud of me, but this is the right decision. i'm not going to make it. i can't talk to them. i'm dead to them anyway. so, fulfil the prophecy, right? they didn't want me, i wasn't worth it for them to hold on. you can't help someone who doesn't want help. it's more than that, though, i don't want help, but i don't deserve it either. i have never met anyone worse than me. it's not a downwards slope approaching the incline, i've hit the bottom, yet i'm still falling.

this is the end, richie