a birthday card

pairing: stenbrough

a/n: short, but it's to make up for last oneshot's shitty stenbrough

hi bill,

good morning! happy birthday! you're probably wondering where i went. i woke up early this morning to go get some things in order for your party. i know eddie already told you about it, so the surprise factor is a little ruined. try to act surprised though, yeah? great. as i write this, you're still sleeping. you sleep really peacefully. i always find i breathe quite heavily when i sleep, but i can barely hear you breathe. are you even breathing? i should hope so. one second. 

yes, you are breathing, phew that is good news. anyway, this note is just in case i'm not back by time you wake up. happy birthday bill! you're genuinely one of the best people i have ever known and probably my favourite person in the entire world. i would say 'don't tell the rest of the losers club' but they know you're my favourite. you're just so sweet, and funny, and extremely nice. not to mention you're good at cuddling. sorry, i know that probably embarrassed you, but i thought it was so funny when you just latched onto me last night. were you aware you did that? it was cute. anyway, i'm very very very lucky to have you as a best friend. you're incredible. we are going to throw you the sickest birthday party like you're a 50 year old woman going wild on a sunday night. i know you don't normally like to celebrate, but hey it's your 19th birthday and we are not just going to let that happen and stand idly by. if we lived in canada we could take you out for drinks. alas, we do not. so we will have to acquire them illegally. that's richie's job. that's all i'm spoiling! oh, and also, of course, it's just the losers club. we were going to invite others but since you don't like celebrating, we figured the 7 of us would be fine. hopefully that's okay.

you better have a good-ass day today. you really do deserve all the good things in the world. i would give them to you if i could. i would give you the world, you know. even that would not be good enough for you. if you're not too hungry when you wake up, wait until i get back and i'll make you waffles. 

i hope it's okay that i took your spare key.

see you soon,

stanley

p.s. i'm in love with you, if that's okay. i know i've never said it out loud before but i assumed you knew. <3