A person in the tall grass

I walk as the BFB battle field begins to show.  The yellow grass is so thick and so long,  that you could barley see anything through it. 

I approach the old elimination platform.  The white paint is all scraped off,    Only rusted metal showing.  It looks as though it hasn't been visited in years. 

I better get out of here before the Pains find me.  I begin to walk out of the tall grass when I trip on something and fall to the ground.  I get up and look behind me.  At first I don't see anything.  Thinking that the thing I tripped on was just a small rock,  I keep walking. 

But then I hear a breathing.  Light,  weak,   breathing,  like a soft wind.  I look behind my shoulder.  Nothing.  I start to get nervous.  I feel like something or someone has been watching my every move. 

I grab a stick and start to walk over to the sound of the breathing,  legs and arms tense.  I knew this was dangerous,  why did I come back here?  All because I wanted a stupid walk?  Why?  Why can't I do anything.......

I feel my stick hit something.  I look down and see leafy.  Thank god,  only leafy.  Except, this leafy looks weak and hurt,  only having a red bandana around her neck.  She's probably been passed out here for quite a while,  good thing she blended in with the tall grass. 

I bet it has something to do with the Pains.   They probably threw her out like garbage, know that she wouldn't survive the night. I almost feel bad for her. I knew leafy since BFDI and I always thought she was big hearted. That was all until she stole dream island and turned evil. It's all behind her, but that doesn't mean the same for all of us. At least, not Firey. They've been fighting ever since the accident.

Now, what to do with Leafy? I can't just leave her here, she would parish out here. Though, it's not like I can trust her. I'll bring her back to camp and see how she does. I then take her left leg and start to drag her back to my camp.

Leafy then begins to talk while she's unconscious. She keeps on saying the same, dark phrase over and over again.
" why, Firey,"
"Why, Firey," she mumbles softly in a scared tone, each one getting louder,  Until leafy wakes up with a scream.

I cover her mouth, not wanting to draw attention.  I let her leg go and take my palm off her mouth.  I then begin to walk off, knowing that leafy is fine.

" Hey!  Where you going?"  She yells after me. 

I keep walking, refusing to answer.

"Come on, we can work together.  Right?"

No, sorry we can't.  I won't take the risk.  I won't risk my own being and time just to be assassinated by the same selfish person who stole dream island."

Leafy runs up to me, trying to get eye level with me.  I just ignore her and keep walking. 
"Come on!" She says, stopping.  I look back at leafy, her eyes like a puppy's eyes.  I turn back and continue to walk. 

"Don't be like that.  When was the last time someone was willing to help you?" 

I stop in my tracks,  feeling my heart skip a beat. I remember woody and what he did for me.  The sacrifice he made for me.  I drop to the ground, thinking, 'how un humane have I become?'  I look at leafy, tears in my eyes.

"Don't cry."  She says bending down, about to wipe my tears.  I push away her hand, wiping my own cold tears.  I then get on my feet about to walk off again, leafy not even moving. 

" please." She says one last time,  getting off the ground.  I turn and face leafy, her eyes droopy and desperate.  I then snap, indicating to her that she can come along, for now.

Her eyes light up and immediately runs up and yells.  " TD and leafy against the world!!"   I give her another annoyed look and she becomes quieter. 

I still don't trust her, by the way, but I can't just let her die near the Pains.   I know I'll regret bringing her along.