Breaking Through

Golfball's POV: It's time. It's the day. The day I let go of this world in favor of being with my one and only love.  I grab the rope a took out the night before and exit the apartment.  I slowly walk,  hesitating a little bit. 

________________________________

Firey's POV:  I hear Golfball's footsteps exit the room.  I stayed up all night preparing for the morning.  I lean forwards and slowly walk off the bed.  I then grab the bloody knife in the sink,  just in case I need to cut the rope or something. 

I then hear the door coming from the bottom of the stairs.  I run down the steps.  I open the door and see Golfball, standing in the middle of the room.  A platform below her then begins to rise, leading up to the spiral centerpiece.  She doesn't even notice me until I yell " NOO!!!!!"  and run to the rising platform. I feel my feet lift from the ground as rising plate moves higher and higher. 

" FIREY?!"  She screams, surprised at my presents.  " What are you doing!!" She yells, stepping on my right hand making me release my grip.  I stab the bloody knife into the platform.  

"What are YOU doing!?" I say, climbing up on the platform.  " Golfball,  this is insane.  Why are you doing this to yourself?"

" What choice do I have?  Face it!! I'm
no-othing,  NOTHING!!! I'm a lost cause and no-no o-one can do-o a-anything a-about i-it!" 
Tears fall down her eyes as she begins to tie the a knot in the brown rope. 

" Maybe their is a way to help,  you just got to open up." I say, sweetly, trying to help this broken heart. 

GB looks up at me and sighs, knowing that I would bug her all morning if she didn't.  She presses a red button on the floor as the platform lowers. 

We both land safely on the metal ground.  GB walks forward towards the mattress,  eventually collapsing in front of the soft mattress. " You probably think I'm stupid, don't you?" She softly whispers. 

I walk up and sit down next to her,  wrapping my arm around her.  " of course not." I begin.  "Why would I?"

" Well all this and all the stuff that's happened and-"

" Oh no no no no no no no!  I feel the same way."

" Oh please, how could anyone feel the way I feel?" She pulls away from my arm, looking to her left. I stand up, almost like I was about to protest.

" You think I wasn't upset when Leafy got captured?" I ask.

" Well yeah, of course I knew you were. It's just that, aren't you mad at her?"

" Well, yes for a little. Sure, I was pissed with her and what she did, but deep down, I didn't want that stupid island, I wanted her. And yes, I did ignore her, but only because I wanted the others to like me. I was being selfish and if I were able to go back, I would probably choose her over the 30 other fakes." I all of a sudden feel better, like I just lifted all the guilt from my chest. I feel my flame burn bright.  Though, it's still not enough to lift the spirits of Golfball.

" ok Mr. guilty. If you were SOOO destroyed over the disappearance of your soulmate, then how did you move past it."

I kneel back down and pick up her gloomy chin with my hand. " I moved past it by remembering the one thing that Leafy taught me, which is tomorrow is a new day. Now, why do you think TB let you go and sacrificed himself?"

"I don't know, because he cared about me?"

" EXACTLY! If he knew that you wouldn't be able to survive out here, he would've just let you die. But, no. He instead took your place and handed himself over to the guard because he knew you could make it not just for him, but for you."

" I guess." She says. I hold out my hand out to her. " now what do you say?"

She hands me her leg as I pull her up on her feet. I wipe her tears running down her cheeks as her face glows. She then runs in for a hug and whispers, "thank you" softly in my ear.