Forget and forgive

Me and LIY went up the stairs to call down Woody. I open the door and see them all talking in a huddle.  When I walk in, the conversation stopped and they all looked up at me.

" Woody?" I say, making a hand gesture to come downstairs. With a nervous look on his face, he gets up from his chair and walks over to me. Golfball and Firey resume their conversation as me and Woody close the door.

Without seeing LIY, he looks up at me, getting a good look at me. A smile then rises on his face as her tightly hugs me. " Thank goodneth, you're alright, I thought the hurt you or
thomthing."

I hug back. poor Woody, he was probably scared out of his mind, thinking that LIY killed me or at least tried to hurt me. I look up at LIY, who was looking up at me awkwardly from a couple stairs down.

" I actually called you down to talk to..." That's when he notices LIY. He then looked at me, scared. I look at him, and then back at LIY, who looked somewhat annoyed. She then began walking back down the stairs, using the side of the wall to balance.

" Are you thure TD, I don't know I want to talk to her, and I'm pretty thure the doethn't really want to talk to me either."

" don't worry." I say, grabbing his hand and wrapping my fingers around his. " Trust me on this one Woody, she needs this, and I know deep down, you need it, too." I try to reassure him, especially given the fact that he's about to face one of his biggest fears.

He lifts his hand up and looks down. " I gueth you're right. Oh who am I kidding, your alwayth right." He says, lifting his head up, just enough for me to see his blue eyes again and kisses me on the hand. We let our hands drop as smiles appear on his face once again. 

" Now come on, lets go." I walk him slowly down the stairs and sit him down on the mattress next to LIY, I then walk up the stairs as the metal door shuts behind me.

I hope to myself that those two would sort things out and this whole thing would be behind us. I go into the apartment, meeting Golfball and Firey there.

" That was quick."
" How'd it go?" They ask. They both sorta knew what was going on and what I was trying to do. Firey seemed more concerned while GB seemed more annoyed about the fact that I was trying.

" We just have to wait." I say to them, " Give it time, they'll talk it out, hopefully."

A sarcastic smile on GB's face. " Ha, like you'll get those two to get along." She says walking to the table. 

" What ya mean? If they just talk it..."

" Talk, TALK?! You think talking will fix all the horrible things they did to one another?" GB was being really defensive for no reason.

" Ok, is there a reason that you're getting all angry. Do just not like LIY because it's fine if you don't like her."

Golfball lets out a large sigh and says, "it's not that, it's that I don't trust her."

" Look, she's changing, trust me..."

" how can I trust you when I can't even trust her?"

" Well you just, have to have faith." I try smiling at her as she looks down at the floor, her eyes closed. It's like she doesn't want to forgive LIY. I mean, I get it. The Pains were the ones to killed TB, but I thought that was only Blocky and Snowball. Either LIY did have something to do with it or GB just isn't open to give LIY another chance, thinking she would never change from the cold killer we know her as. 

Woody's POV:

Non of us had said anything yet, we just looked down at our legs, looking for the words to say. Eventually, she grabs my hand and begins talking.

" Look, I'm sorry..." I pull away from her almost immediatly and turn my back to her.

" Why are you trying to be nithe all of a thudden?" I ask. I'm trying not to break out into sweat as she looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

" Look," LIY begins, starting to get a little impatient and upset. " Can we just talk? Why can't we just forgive one another so we could go back upstairs?"

" Becauthe I could never forgive you." I mumble, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

" huh" She says leaning in.

" I thaid, becauthe I COULD NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!" I yelled, she finally broke me.  I lift up my head and pushed her to the ground.

" I could never forgive the fact that you would beat me up every day and for what?  For fun, pleathure?  WHAT!? I could never forgive you for laughing at everything I thaid."  I paused and fall to the ground. 

" I even remember when you bullied me for liking one of the prithoners.  I remember how you punithed me, beating me and laughing me for it.  Well, if you wanted to know the reathon  I left? The reathon why I 'betrayed' you.  It becauthe I wanted her, over my freedom.  I knew I would never get a chanthe with her, ethpethially if I wath the one hurting her.  Tho, I let her go, I took her plathe, I took all her beatings for her.  Go ahead, hurt me for it, hurt me like you did back at the prithon, I don't care anymore.  Ath long Teardrop ith fine, tha-that'th all that matterth. 

I tilted my head back down, squinting my eyes.  I was expecting a punch to the face, maybe another tooth lost along with some blood from my gum but, that's not what happened. 

" Your lucky, you had someone to love you.  That's not the same case for me."

I look back up, wiping the tear from my eye.     " what do you mean." I ask out of curiosity. 

" Pillow.  She was the hardest one to let go.  When I betrayed Death P.A.C.T, she was the one to giving me second thoughts.  Non the others gave me the same guilt as she did when it comes to betraying my team, betraying her.  I liked her, loved her even.  She was the one person I wanted to protect, except..."

She pauses and takes a deep breath,  water starting to come from her eyes.  " I wanted to protected myself more.  Now, she's dead, and know I can't go back.  I remember a week before the incident. We were laying on the yellow grass, looking up at the stars. Sure, the sky was pretty, but not as pretty as her beautiful light blue eyes. Now, I'll never see those eyes again. I get it if you don't ever forgive me. Hell, I could never forgive myself for the way I treated people. It's too late now I guess."

She wipes her tears, trying to act tough against me. I get up, stare at her, and then give her a hug.

" What are you doing? Why are you hugging me?" She asks, confused.

" I jutht thought you could use one." I let her cry into me, the feeling of the tears enough to make me start up with the waterworks, too. We both cried for what felt like hours. No talking, no yelling, just straight up sobbing. Both of us were finally getting something we needed for a long time: a good, long time to cry over everything that was happening.

Finally, I stop, just enough for me to say, " You really have changed." Which makes her cry even more. I finally let go of her. She wipes her own tears off her cold cheeks and looks up at me and smiles.

" thank you."