Dreams and Nightmares

(A/N: Hey guys!! I'm taking a break on "No Turning Back" because I don't know where to go with the story and dialogue. Expect the story to return some time in September or October. Also sorry I haven't been posting much. Now, please enjoy "Apocalypse" as I will be focusing on that at the moment. Enjoy the story.)

My dream starts out in a field.  I run though the tall grass as the white clouds move across the sky.  I feel all the stress wash away as my worries lift.  I feel warm and calm, until, my dream shows me it's not. 

My dream then all of a sudden shifts to a dark maroon prison.  Rats run though trying not to get caught.  I hear blood curdling screams from the walls. 

At first, I don't recall the place my brain is showing me, until I remember that this was the cell that I stayed in for a month, getting sicker and more restless by the day.  The cell that held the bars I was clamped to and forced to hang from, my arms almost breaking in the process.  The cell I cried in when I realized that I might never be released, cursed to never see the bright sun again.  But most importantly, the cell woody now owns, with all the side effects I had to go through, except way worse.

" Teardrop?" A whisper calls, coming from my left.  I look to my side only to find the voice was woody's, except it wasn't his usual mumble, instead being clear and light.  Chills go down my spine as I feel my dream self fall to the ground. 

" Don't cry." He says, trying to reach my swelling cheeks, the chains holding him back.  "TD," He begins, his breath staggering.  " You Don't believe it's me.  But it is,  it's me. Woody, trapped and alone.  You need to get me out of here, I don't know how long I can last here until blocky and SB kill me and give my body to the rats as shelter.  Please TD,  I'm counting on you." 

My brain processes what Woody had just told me.  Just the thought of SB makes me want to punch a hole in the prison wall,  but the thought of him killing Woody is enough to make me curl up into a ball and cry. 

"Oh Woody!!!"  I hear blocky's distorted voice call, his knife echoing as he runs it though the bars.

" You have to go," Woody says.  " Please TD, I know you got my back, now go. GO!

I then see the scene fade into black,  Woody's scarred face disappearing along with it.  The last thing I hear is the screams of my friend as the Pains do who knows what horrible things to him.

I then wake up, sweat running down my head and tears falling from my eyes.  My silent breath staggers as I lay in my sleeping bag.  I look down at leafy,  still sleeping on the grassy floor.  Her snores sorta begin to calm down my breathing, but not a lot.

10 minutes past and I'm still laying in bed,  horrified at what my brain just showed me.  I'm left with so many questions.

' WOODY'S ALIVE!!!? But how?  How has he survived 11 months of this torture, and he's counting on me?  Does he believe that I'll come back for him, because he came back to me?  Does he truly believe in me?'

The truth is,  I want to save Woody,  I want to save him, see his blue eyes and hear his sweet mumble, but I've never been able to.  I mean, look at me, do you think I have a chance against The Pains.  Plus,  they're not just out for me, they're are out for my blood.  I've thought of going back, but I know that I wouldn't be able to do it alone.  But now I have Leafy.  If I get her on board, we might have a small chance.  But like me,  that place has scarred and traumatized her, how will I convince her.........

Just then,  leafy wakes up with a bolt of air,  her breath staggering like mine. 

" I just had the weirdest dream."  I give her the gesture to to go on.  She nods and continues to rant about the dream she just experienced.