In on it

After Leafy froze me, I went to sleep, trying not to stress about it. But how could I not? I felt horrible that everyone, including myself, was captured, even when it was by someone was forced to.

The next time I woke up, I was moving. Leafy was Hauling my leg like I was when I found her in the bush. I only saw Taco, Woody, and LIY beside me with no signs of Firey.

As we moved across the grass, I slowly began to feel warmer. I figured the ice was melting, but it felt earlier than usual, maybe I just got less of a dose. As the ice melted off, my body relaxed. It felt numb, but not as stiff. I was able to talk again.

" Leafy..?" I said, confused. Leafy at first didn't seem to notice that I was awake. All she did was say " Yes?" Almost like that was a default response. After a moment of her continuing to drag me against the hard grass, she says, " Wait...Teardrop?? You're not supposed to be up, that wasn't part of the plan." She puts her hand on her forehead, letting go of me, Taco, LIY, and Woody.

" What plan??" I say, getting up. " The, the plan me and Firey hatched up to capture you..." I cut her off there. " FIREY'S WORKING WITH YOU AND BLOCKY!!!!!" I walk around to her and I was confused. I finally after days see Firey again but knocked out, asleep in Leafy's arms. " THEN WHY IS HE UNCONSCIOUS IN YOUR ARMS!?"

Leafy begins to stutter, trying to explain herself, but can't quite find the words to do so. I took a deep and said to her calmly, " Please, just tell me what's going on. No more lies, no more of this side of you just, tell me." I put my hand on her shoulder and give her a soft smile, the only affection she's probably gotten in a while.

Leafy sighs out and says "alright," setting down Firey. At first, she doesn't say anything, probably not knowing what exactly to. She then hugs me hard, tears falling down your face. " I'm SO SORRY!!" She cried out grabbing me tightly. " I CAUSED YOU SO MUCH PAIN AND DISAPPEARED FOR SO LONG AND IF IT WASN'T FOR ME THEN GB WOULD STILL BE ALIVE AND YOU WOULD STILL HAVE YOUR ARM!!!"

I pat her back, cold and bumpy. " Leafy, it's ok. I'm just glad to have you back." Leafy let's go of her bear hug and dries her tears. "Now tell me," I continue, "What happened?"

She took a deep breath and began talking. "Well, after Blocky captured me, he put me in this room that had a repeating voice trying to brainwash me. He put me in there for about a month and then told me to go get you guys, which led to the incident regarding your arm. I continued to chase you, but after a while, I began to lose interest and want you guys back, but knew you'd never take me. I tried to talk to Blocky, saying to hold off your deaths, but all he did was talk me back into killing by telling me something horrible."

She pauses, so I ask her " Told you what?" She looked up at me, sorrow eyes "that you guys left me.  Which lead me to go back to the cave to kill GB and if not for her, you as well."

That's when the dreams, what Leafy said, it all made sense.  That idiot Blocky made her think that we abandoned her, that we had no intention of coming back. 

" Leafy? You know that we didn't want to leave you there, we just, couldn't.  With Firey and Woody there, we didn't want them..."

" It's ok, I get it,  you just rescued Woody and Firey, you didn't need to come back for me.  I know they wouldn't come back after all the torture they've gone through.  I understand."  She said it was ok with a smile, but something about the way she said it made it feel like she didn't really mean it.  Like she knew we couldn't come, but still wished we did.

I felt a new type of guilt.  It was still fueled by the factor that we kinda abandoned her, but it felt new, felt real, not just a horrible dream. 

" After I killed her, I felt so guilty that I just hang around her grave for a while, talking to her and keeping her company.  Eventually, Firey came over and soon, we reconnected.  We came up with the plan to use the freeze juice to knock you guys out and bring you back to the base.  Then, at night I would let you guys out and we would all go as far away as possible from this place."

" Ok, but why do you need the freeze juice, why couldn't you come back to us and tell us the plan, and of not you then why not Firey?" 

" Because we both knew that you guys weren't exactly happy with us.  Also because we didn't want to let you all down." 

I laugh, confused.  " Let you down? Why would you let us down." 

Leafy looks down, but soon back up at me with sad eyes.  " Well, what if I do? What if I can't save you?  I'm afraid if I go back there then Blocky will manipulate me again?  What if I end up hurting you guys when all I wanted to do is help?  What if I become the villain again?"

I put my hand on her shoulder.  " Leafy, you're not a villain.  If anything, you'll be a hero once again.  Don't worry about it."

She nods and stands up.  " You should probably go."  I look at her, again confused.  "But he won't take it unless it's all of us." 

" No," Leafy says to me.  " I need someone in case I don't it out.  I'll tell him you died or something.  If you don't see me the next morning, then come for us."

I nod as Leafy picks up everyone else and begins to walk to the Pain's lair.  I wave goodbye, afraid that Leafy won't make it out and I'll be too late.