Plan B

I fell and I was at my camp.  Most of the site we were still standing, almost untouched.  The fire was still up, but the wood is probably old and useless by now.  I remember the writings I used to write on the ground for communication before I wanted to communicate.  I couldn't really make out any of the words since they've been washed away by the rain, but the spot for them was still there. 

The tent also seemed to be okay, minus a few minor rips.  I looked inside and saw a bunch of bugs and anthills, which made the tent completely unusable. 

By now, I was sure that Leafy wasn't coming back and that it was now my duty to retrieve my friends.  I had to think of a plan. 

I take a stick and draw a box, symbolizing the Pain's base. Then I place a rock down, me. I move the tiny pebble with the stick thinking 'how do I get in?'

That's when I remember my old strategy. I doubt Blocky took down the rope and repaired the window so that would most likely be the best way in. Then, all I have to do is get the keys, free the rest of my friends, and get out, right?

It's a simple plan except at the same time, it's not. Besides the whole Leafy situation, the last break-in was a success, except for one thing that has been bothering me for a little bit. Sure, we saved Woody and Firey, but that was really it, everyone else stayed back.

I didn't think about it at the time, but I really should have. In fact, they've probably suffered more then most of us combined together. They're on the brink of death, hopeless, thinking that the bars would be it for then, well there wrong.

This break-in isn't just for my friends, it's for everyone alive breaking away from Blocky's rule. Finally breaking away and escaping for good. 

I continued to go through the plan in my head.  I said to myself   "Get in, get everyone and then get out."  As I said it, I became more confident, despite knowing it won't be this easy. 

Tired with another big day ahead of me, I decided to go to sleep.  I lay down on the ground, not wanting to go in the tent after seeing those bugs. 

As I slowly drift asleep I think about how weird it was that just a couple months ago, I was alone.  I continued to think about these friends that kept me company for the time, what they've done for me. 

Woody for helping me escape and always being there for me.  Firey for being strong and the one we could talk to.  Taco for saving me and Woody on the river.  LIY for putting her past behind her and becoming a healer for all of us.  Leafy for letting me go and never letting go of us.  Finally, GB for saving our life multiple times, even if she can't be here. 

As I fell asleep I thought about GB, eventually seeing her.  The sky looked blue like it did years ago and it felt calm.  TB was there next to her, both of them pale ghosts.  I realized almost immediately that this was a dream, that I was lucid, but it still felt so real. 

" Golfball?"  I said as she nodded back to me.  Just the sight of her was enough to make me choke up, hearing her voice making it worse.  "TD?  I heard your little plan to break everyone out." 

I barely even thought about what she said.  All I could blurt out was.  " How? Why? What are you guys doing here?" 

" We came to wish you good luck."  Tennis ball said cheerfully.  Golfball looks at him with this new expression that I never saw on her face.  That of true love and thankfulness.   " Yes," She said, " We wanted to let you know that we're watching over you." 

I felt like I couldn't do anything,  couldn't say anything.  All I could do was look at the ghosts in all their beauty,  just seeing them alone making me feel happy. 

After a while, the air felt cold once again as the phantoms began to fade.  "Don't go!!" I tried to yell out.  There was so much more for me to do, more to say but I couldn't.  That's when I saw only a white fog.  I then hear GB's voice for the last time softly saying, " Good luck," before returning back to reality. 

The sky became brighter as I woke up.  Sitting up, I feel my head. I look around, but there were no more blue warm sky's, no more ghosts, no more phantoms.

But there was no time to morn and sulk about that now.  Time was of the essence and wasting it wasn't an option anymore.  If I wait any longer, I might be too late. 

I walk over to the base, it soon beginning to appear.  I stand in front of the building.  Like I planned, the rope was still there.  I climb up, slipping a couple of times but inevitably making it to the top. 

I then go to the window and look into the office.  Blocky was in there.  He pressed a button.  I then hear him say, "Say your final goodbye's fugitives, this is it." 

I knew at that point I had to act fast.  I run and slide down the rope and run into the building.  I come across this hallway, I ran down, but I couldn't seem to find my friends. 

I started to have a panic attack when I heard "Teardrop..." coming from behind me.  I was a weak voice.  I turn around and see that it was Coiny and Pin, both in the cell and in horrible condition. 

They looked up at me helplessly.  They were covered in dirt and blood, Pin even missing an eye which was now a gaping hole. 

" The door in front of you," Pin said.  I nod.  I'm about to go when I see a knife.  I run over to it and set both of them free.  They began to cry, hugging me.  They smelt, but I didn't even care. 

" Help me with this door," I said, they nodded as we ran over.