Some things don't change

(A/N:  sorry I've been busy this week and couldn't edit the last chapter, trying to get back on track while also trying to finish this by March so I can move on to more unique stuff.  Also this chapter is really short so sorry for that.  Hope u had a good week and I'll see you all later)

It was raining cold on this first night.  All of us stayed in the cave, waiting and watching from the edge.  We were all cold and none of us dared to step outside, especially not Firey. 

I snuggled up close with Woody, trying to keep warm.  He was shivering, so cold that he could barely mutter a word.  I brushed his freezing forehead and hugging him tightly.  I speak " Just h-h-hold  i-in there."

We all huddled closer to Firey, rubbing our hands near his burning flame.  We were all scared, a little hungry and worried that Leafy may try to come back to get us while we were all vulnerable. 

From the distance we hear a rustling in the bushes on the other side of the grass, right where the thick forest ended.  It was Leafy once again, drenched with water.  She didn't look angry, just tired. 

We go farther into the cave and into the dark so she couldn't see us.  She just looked at the cave, stepping closer and then jerking her head, looking like she heard something. 

She walks slowly over to the right, bends over and in her hand was a small, baby squirrel.  It looked to be cold, scared and lost. Leafy sighs out, takes off her bandana and wraps it around the squirrel, revealing that she was smiling.

She sits down again, this time grabbing a small acorn for the squirrel to chew on.  Leafy then lays down, the swaddled up squirrel wrapped closely in her arms, trying to keep it warm.  A single tear falls from her eye. 

Everyone in the cave was stunned.  Woody and Golfball thought it was impossible for her to feel sympathy towards a living creature, but all what I saw was the Leafy that I knew from before.  I nodded, knowing that Leafy may be able to be redeemed and become the girl she was once before. 

One by one, we all fell asleep, me being the last.  Once we woke up the next day, Leafy wasn't there, gone as suddenly as she came.  It stopped raining and it felt warm once more.