Chapter 40~ Truth.

Avalon's P.O.V

I felt drained.

My depression started kicking in and I felt as if I wasn't gonna make it through this heart break.

It's been a few days since me and Aiden last spoke in the hallway. I was starting to think he was slowly moving on.

Part of me was happy but the other half, which was most of me, was angry and sad. For some reason, I didn't want Aiden to disappear from my life. He became an important figure I don't know what I would do if he vanished.

He's barley coming to school and Hunter has found a new crowd to fit in with.

River still hangs out with us but I can tell he missed Aiden. That is his best friend i feel like I'm the blame for their split up.

I was starting to think that maybe if I could've prevented myself from bumping into him that day, I wouldn't be as heartbroken as I am right now. I never experienced one and this sucks. Aiden has left a permanent mark in my mind i don't think I would be able to erase.

My heart hurt just thinking about him. His smile, his laugh, his eyes, his lips. I was desperate to see him but I needed time to myself to think about this.

I rushed out the school building at the end of the day and headed to my car. Today has been awful. Due to my lack of energy, I failed a Spanish test and almost got sent to detention for sleeping during fourth period.

Before I could open the driver side, I was stopped.

"Avalon," I turned and saw Cole walking towards me.

What does he want.

He stopped only a few inches from me. It looks like a pain of regret on his face but i wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"I have to go," I say coldly and open my car door only for it to be shut again.

"Just hear me out okay?" He asks.

"I don't wanna talk to you," I cross my arms. This guy was dangerous and I didn't wanna be anywhere around him. He gives me vibes that I'm too afraid to speak of.

"It's about Aiden," he spoke lowly.

I shifted uncomfortably. The way he said it made it seem like something bad had happened to him. My heart fell to my ass, if anything had happened to him i don't know how I will live with myself.

"You need to forgive him," he says breaking my train of thought.

"What?" I ask caught off guard.

I wasn't ready for that.

"It was all a lie. The drugs, everything. I made it up," Cole spoke.

So I'm angry at Aiden for no reason? Are you kidding me?! What kind of sick person does this?

"Why? Why would you do something like this!" I shout at him, my blood was boiling. How could he do such a thing.

"I don't know okay. I guess I was just angry at him and I went after something he cared most about," he says.

"You should feel ashamed of yourself! Such a cruel human being," I say and roll my eyes. 

"But you need to talk to him," he says as his eyes finally meet mine.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I furrow my eyebrows.

"He's gotten out of control, he's smashing things, screaming at Avery for no reason, drinking-"

"I thought he didn't drink," I interrupt. It was something Aiden told me that I remember very clearly.

"He doesn't," he replies, "he even got a tattoo Avalon. You have to fix him."

"And how do you know it's me he's upset over," I say.

Are you dumb?

Cole rolls his eyes, "open your eyes Avalon! Everything he's doing is anger because you aren't in his life anymore, he's become a total wreck."

I sigh and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Fine."

*♡*♡*

Short chapter but I'm posting before I go to sleep. It's kinda late and I'm kinda tired.

Hope it wasn't boring.

What did you think about this chapter? Do you think she's forgiving him too fast?

Vote, comment, share. Love you.

~J🖤