Chapter 9~ Cole and Secrets.

Avalon's P.O.V

He pins my hand above my head against the wall as he looks into my eyes.

"You have no idea how long I waited for this moment," he breaths against my lips.

He licks his lip. An action on him that I've grown to like. It makes me feel wanted.

"Aiden..." I breath as his lips make contact with my neck.

"Avalon!" Someone screams my name causing me jump up.

Everyone in class turns to look at me.

Mrs. Ford looks at me, her arms crossed and her eyes filled with anger.

It took me a while before I realized that I was in art class. I must've fell asleep dreaming about... Aiden?!

Oh God.

"Please stay awake," she says calmly.

I nod my head. Last night I didn't get enough sleep at all. I tossed and turned, my mind filled with me and moms argument and how close I was to kissing Aiden Parker.

Aiden freaking Parker.

That was until River covered his mouth in attempt to prevent him to stop laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask him and he points to my face.

"Paint. You have paint on your face," he says.

I huff in annoyance and roll my eyes. My hand goes up in the air and Mrs. Ford finally noticed.

"Yes, Avalon," her tone was tired.

"May i use the restroom?" I ask politely.

She nods her head before I jump out my seat and bolted out the door and ran down the hallway into the bathroom.

My eyes widened as I look at the big red blob of paint on my face. Clearly I was in the middle of painting when I stupidly fell asleep and the paint wasn't nowhere near drying.

I grab tons of napkins before wetting them with hot water and wipe it off my face.

And you know what happens? You know what freaking happens?!

It doesn't come off. Maybe just flecks but that's it. I wiped harder until my cheek started to turn red itself. I huff again and harshly throw the paper towel in the trash.

I walk out the bathroom totally not worried about my face anymore until I bumped into a chest causing me to stumble.

Instead of hitting the floor like I always do, a warm hand snakes around my waist pulling me up.

I take in a scent. Wood and leather, surely not pleasing to my nose because I've grown accustomed to Aiden's signature smell. Vanilla.

I'm met with a blue pair of eyes.

"Woah, there," he smirks and I back away.

He was tall. His shoulders weren't broad like Aiden but he was definitely intimidating. His blonde hair was shaved on the sides and the rest were gelled back to a perfect man bun.

I hate when guys wear their hair like that.

He then tilted his head to the side as if studying me before he opened his mouth, "Your Aiden's girl right?"

"Not... really," I shift uncomfortably, "but I know him."

He smirks, an action I only like on Aiden, "So your the pretty little thing that's keeping him from us?"

"Excuse me?" I cross my arms.

"Oh, I'm Cole by the way. Clearly he hasn't told you nothing about me," he chuckles deeply.

"Why would he have to?" I question.

"Because I'm the one he should warn you about," his eyes got darker.

I was scared but I wasn't going to show him that. I've seen him many times around school but never approached him until now.

"Why?" My voice showed authority but my face was frightened.

"You shouldn't cross paths me with darling. I suggest you stay away from Aiden before he has you both hurt," he sneers before walking away.

Both hurt? What does that even mean? I was dumbfounded.

I was told to stay away from Aiden.

But how could I?

*♡*♡*

"Why aren't you talking to me?" Aiden pushes as I close my locker.

I've managed to avoid him until class and lunch when he repeatedly bothered me and I ignored him.

I suggest you stay away from Aiden before he has you both hurt.

Cole's words were still fresh in my mind. I'll admit, I was shitting myself because I didn't know what Cole was capable of, and he seemed pretty capable of a lot of things.

"I just don't wanna talk," I say as I walk away from him.

Him, being the more athletic and faster person, he catches up to me really quickly.

"Is this about last night?" He asks as he stops in front of me causing me to stop.

I shake my head, "This has nothing to do with last night?"

"Then what is wrong with you?" He asks, his eyes pleading for an explanation.

"Cole. He told me to stay away from you or we'll both get hurt," I say.

His eyes darkened and his jaw clenched. I could him and Cole had some history.

History that I probably didn't want to know about.

*♡*♡*

Can't sleep so I'm up writing chapters.

I introduce you to Cole. The guy who will maybe tear Aiden and Avalon apart.

Keyword being: maybe.

Stay tuned for the next one.

Please vote, comment, and share. I love to hear your feedback from you guys.

~J🖤