Chapter 46~ Birthday Parties and Surprises.

Avalon's P.O.V

"This sash is literally the extra most," I say as I tug on it.

Beverly swap my hand away and fixed it, "stop messing with it."

She decided it would be best if I wear a pink sash that says '18 bitch'

Like, who makes birthday sashes like these?

"Omg, people are already downstairs," I say. I could easily hear the loud music from Avery's room.

Aiden thought it would be a better idea to have the party at his house. I don't know why but I guess Avery agreed. She was laying down on her bed scrolling through her phone, Beverly hassled about doing my make up but I forced her to make me go natural.

Seriously.

I didn't want to celebrate my birthday with a full face of makeup. Call me weird but I could care less.

"I'm sorry I can't celebrate your birthday with you Ava, I really want to," Avery says.

She was pregnant and I didn't want her to be surrounded my drunk, clumsy, perverted teenagers who can't control themselves.

"It's fine Avery trust me. I understand why," I laugh and fixed my dress.

I was wearing a black strapless dress that will surely enough to draw eyes and black pumps. My hair was straightened down my back and my face was free of make up.

Pretty weird for a girl who just turned eight-teen.

"Just save me a cup cake," she laughs and I giggle.

After Beverly makes sure she perfected everything, we were gone out of Avery's room and heading downstairs.

"I can't believe my best friend is turning eight-teen," Beverly giggles as her arm links with mine.

"I know. I feel so old," I complain.

"Before you know it, you'll be sitting on your porch watching life pass by," Beverly jokes.

I laugh, "Thanks Bev, this really means a lot to me."

"Of course! Anything for you, your like a sister to me," she says and places a kiss on my cheek.

Beverly has been with me through everything. We do have arguments but we always make up because that's what best friends do. She's like my other half and I don't think I could imagine my life without her.

"Now let's go and celebrate you being finally legal!" She screams and throw her arms up.

We walk downstairs and the party is in full blast. Everyone's having a good time, dancing and drinking.

My eyes instantly search for Aiden but I find him no where.

I decide to go into the kitchen and pour myself some punch.

It's kinda weird because everyone requested alcohol. I didn't even want alcohol at my party but I can't be a bitch.

"Happy birthday, Goldie," River says as he walks up to me with a blue box in his hand.

I give him a hug and smile.

"River, I said I didn't want a present," I say as he gives the box to me.

He rolls his eyes, "Your my best friend. You deserve it."

I smile and unwrap the gift. It was a small red notebook with a pen attached to it.

"Thank you, River," I say as I admire it.

"I figured since you like to draw so much, i wanted to give you something of your own," he says and stuff his hands in his pockets.

"I like it. I'll make sure to use it everyday," I say and hug him once more.

He grabbed him a bottle of beer from the fridge and headed into the crowd.

I place the notebook back into the box and place it underneath the counter for keep safing.

Aiden still hasn't shown up and I was starting to get worried.

Where is he?

My mind ran wild as I thought of worst possible scenarios. Aiden needed to be here. My birthday would be so much better if he was by my side.

"Happy birthday Avalon," a voice said from behind me.

I turn and saw no other then Carmella.

Wow, didn't expect to see her here.

"Thank you," I say and sip my punch.

"Look. We got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry for that day. It was wrong for me to say it but I thought I owed you an apology," she says thoughtfully.

Well, if you think about it she snapped at me first but I'm not going to get into details.

"Your forgiving of course," I say and wrap her in a hug which she caught off guard.

I always learned to forgive and forget.

Even if I don't forget.

"I didn't get you a present but I hope my presence was enough for you," she giggles as we pull away.

Nah, not really.

"Your fine. I didn't want presents anyways but I guess everyone went against my word," I shrug and she laughs.

*♡*♡*

Few hours has passed and Aiden still isn't here. I was starting to get frustrated and worried.

He knew today was my birthday and he failed to show up. I had exit the house because I was desperate for some air.

The one person I needed the most won't even here.

I leaned against the pole and took a deep breath.

"Happy birthday, butter cup."

*♡*♡*

What a chapter. That took foreverrrrrrrrrrr { kidding }

Next chapter will get a little steamy, if you know what I mean;)

I'm so cringey.

Vote, comment, share. Love you.

~J🖤