Chapter 36~ Apart But Together??

Avalon's P.O.V

So, I haven't talked to Aiden. It's been a few days since the party and the gang is a total wreck.

We barley hang out anymore, and we're never together. River and Hunter doesn't even make eye contact and Beverly and I have went back to our regular schedule. Sitting at our normal lunch table.

Aiden will usually choose to sit with River or Hunter but never both at the same time.

It's kinda difficult to ignore Aiden when I live under the same roof as him. So, I've been staying with Beverly just so I can avoid him and it's been working.

After what Hunter told me at the party, I don't think I could come to terms and face him.

I really wanna know what he meant by ask what he's been doing a few years ago. It's been on mind and I can barely concentrate anymore.

I was currently walking towards my car when I stopped in my tracks.

Cole was leaning against it, smoking a cigarette.

"Hey," I said as I walk up.

I was kinda confused as to why he was leaning against my precious baby.

I didn't even like the guy.

"Hey," he says casually as he huffed in the cigarette and blew the smoke out.

"Why are you leaning against my car?" I question.

He gets off of it then tosses the cigarette to the ground and stomp it.

"I've notice that you and Aiden has grown apart," he says as he stuff his pockets in the front of his jeans.

So now he's been watching us?

"We really weren't that... close," I lie.

Well, I am sorta kinda living with him.

"You've grown on him," he says.

"What do you mean?" I fix the strap on my shoulder.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Aiden Parker has me jumping off cliffs and swearing.

Things I never done.

"He's a wreck without you," he chuckles before pulling another cigarette from his pocket.

Didn't he just-- nevermind.

"I'm confused," I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"He barely comes and visits me anymore. He's gotten distant and he doesn't even answer my phone calls," he says and lights it.

I let out a nervous chuckle, "What are you talking about? Aiden doesn't contact you."

"Oh sweetheart but he does. Aiden is keeping a lot of secrets from you and I can tell," he says as his eyes darkened.

"You know nothing!" I say.

"I know way more than you do. He hasn't told you?" He smirks.

"Hasn't told me what?" I question as I swallow the lump in my throat.

"That he-"

"Cole! Let's go!" Someone shouts from across the parking lot.

I look to find Ryan getting in a car.

Ryan?!

"You k-know him?" I stutter.

"He's like a brother to me," he says before he walks off.

What?

For some reason, I felt the urge to cry. I don't know why or how but I did. I swear Aiden told me everything, about Ryan and the drugs and--

My mind is so full of thoughts. Sadness turned into anger and I soon found myself getting in my car and speeding down the street towards Aidens house.

*♡*♡*

I bang harshly on the door for someone to open up.

I was desperate. Desperate to see Aiden and seek answers.

What does Cole mean by that?

Finally, the door opens and Avery stands on the other side.

"I haven't seen you in forever," she comments. Her belly bump is getting bigger and she's starting to look very exhausted.

"Is Aiden here?" I ask as I shake my leg nervously.

"No, but he'll be here soon. You can wait if you want," she offers and opens the door so I could come in.

I give her a small smile and enter. Sitting down on the couch, she puts some water on the stove for some tea.

"How are you guys?" She questions as she sits down on the couch across from me.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"You've been distancing yourself away from us," she speaks softly as if she's hurt. I could tell in her eyes that she is.

"I'm sorry Avery. I had a lot of things on my mind," I tell the half truth.

Before she could respond, the door opened and Aiden came stumbling in.

He wasn't alone, Ryan and Cole was right behind him with smirks.

Me and Avery jump up.

Once their eyes land on us, they widened.

I felt like I've been stabbed in my chest a billion times.

Aiden looks like he's seen a ghost when he looks at me.

I glare at him. Totally confused at the scene right now.

"Avalon."

*♡*♡*

Whoop! Some shit is about to go down! I'm kidding but then I'm not. It's really about to get serious.

Don't worry guys, I know I'm taking forever in a lifetime to update the first chapter of my second book but I'm trying to hurry. I promise.

Vote, comment, share. Love you.

~J🖤